• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Freddie Flintoff 'Eat Your Words' Thread

greg

International Debutant
King_Ponting said:
most people havent predicted a whitewash... More a 3-1 result, which is going directly to plan. One must remeber tho that this test is being played at Edgbaston, a traditional weak point for the aussies, i think that issue has flown over a few peoples heads.
Although the basis for many of the 3-1 predictions was England winning a dead, or nearly dead, rubber.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SJS said:
It might be more appropriate to have PLAIN
The 'Eat Your Words' Thread

For all of us who have shoved our feet invariably and oh-so-painfully in our mouths. Why just about Flintoff ?
Because that thread would balloon up to Ashes size in a few weeks... :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
How is it possible he suddenly cannot bowl - it is the sort of thing a 13 year old would say.

I mean he is doing alright to take 183 Test wickets and 'can't bowl'. Is he rubbish now? Yes he is, was he for more then half of his career - certainly not.

Since he has placed more emphasis on his batting, his bowling has dropped away - simple.
Over his career he's had good allround stats. Currently, he's not an allrounder. Simple as.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Shane Warne said:
And if you add up their combined worth, it amounts to almost half of Mcgrath's.
Wow. You're really the pride of cricket fans around the world, ey?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Shane Warne said:
It happened, but was pretty meaningless.

It would be like England without Flintoff and Harmison.

The only difference would be that India would thrash you though if that were the case.
I like the gospel you preach. Clearly you're trying to tell us that Australia is crap underneath the glamour. Good point.

The great West Indian side of the past had so many quality pace bowlers that, had a front line bowler been injured, it would still be a genuine force to reckon with. Does this suggest that the current Australian side is not quite as great as some people suggest?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I like the gospel you preach. Clearly you're trying to tell us that Australia is crap underneath the glamour. Good point.

The great West Indian side of the past had so many quality pace bowlers that, had a front line bowler been injured, it would still be a genuine force to reckon with. Does this suggest that the current Australian side is not quite as great as some people suggest?
Have been great.

Evidence suggests that acouple of bowlers are past it or close.

Back up bowling stocks are worrying.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Nope im sure todays match shows that Australia are the greatest team in the world, even without mcgrath that fighting spirit still lives on.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:

The team is, and the backup batting. But the bowling isn't anything to write home about.

Swervy

International Captain
Shane Warne said:
Sometimes the truth hurts, what can I say?

Being right is much more important to me than being popular.
so why are you so consistantly wrong then SW...and unpopular.