• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

weird dismissals

Monty

U19 Cricketer
what is the weirdest way you have gotten out
Have you ever been or seen some one get timed out

Dont know who it was but a New Zealand spinner bowled to a Pakistani I think & it lodged between bat and pad and the batsman just stayed in his stance.

Fleming was fielding close it & came and took the ball away before it dropped out.

shaka

International Regular
Adam Parore hit on helmet, he ducked down, helmet came off and hit the stumps (I think), that was quite a weird dismissal

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Shane Warne said:
Dont know who it was but a New Zealand spinner bowled to a Pakistani I think & it lodged between bat and pad and the batsman just stayed in his stance.

Fleming was fielding close it & came and took the ball away before it dropped out.
If my cricket knowledge is correct that wouldn't be out. The ball would be deemed dead

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I've managed to get bowled leg-stump twice this season; once taking four steps outside off and trying to hoik it over the keeper, and the other with a bottom-edged slog sweep from three feet outside off...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Charges a seamer, misses, through to keeper, standing back, who throws down the stumps and runs him out.

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
one of the oddest was vaughns decision to jump out of the way today.....never before have i seen such a talented batsman give his wicket away so easily....what was he scared of, looking at brett lee's pasty scrunched up little ****ty face.

King_Ponting

International Regular
James90 said:
If my cricket knowledge is correct that wouldn't be out. The ball would be deemed dead
Nope refer to law 36. b i think. under caught. It is a fair dismissal as long as it hasnt hit the helmet of a feilder.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I recall Goochie being given out "handled the ball" in a test v Oz. A ball from Merv Hughes (IIRC) was dropping back onto his stumps & he flicked it away out of instinct. Again from memory Gooch had already scored a ton, mind. Vaughan was also out "handled the ball" a few years back, maybe in India?

From the bowlers point of view the galling thing is that you don't get credited with the wicket. 8-)

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
wildly swinging the thread for a second.....what would happen if you swung the bat really aggressively and hit an opposing fielder.

i so wanted to be harmison when warne was bowling so i could knock simon katich's face clean off.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hanuma said:
wildly swinging the thread for a second.....what would happen if you swung the bat really aggressively and hit an opposing fielder.

i so wanted to be harmison when warne was bowling so i could knock simon katich's face clean off.
If it was clearly deliberate I think you'd be given out for "obstructing the fielding".

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
shame.

people were too timid v warne today altho... considering the weight of pressure that he put on the umpire which resulted in the ridiculously unfair decision to get rid of pietersen...its not a surprise

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I cut a ball to point and set off for a quick single, took a couple steps and saw the ball fielded, so I tried to head back. The thing is, the non-striker and I had met midway and so we both ran to the strikers end, as I returned to my crease. The stumps were broken there, but we were uncertain as to who would be given out, as I had returned to my home crease and we had technically crossed, so we both charged down to the non-striker's end without really thinking about it. We ended up diving in at that end at the same time. No one knew exactly who was out if anyone at all, but I eventually walked.

Hanuma said:
shame.

people were too timid v warne today altho... considering the weight of pressure that he put on the umpire which resulted in the ridiculously unfair decision to get rid of pietersen...its not a surprise
Yeah so much fairer when Aleem Dar was "bowing to the weight of pressure" on Warnes numerous plumb LBW appeals at Lords.

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
dar got one wrong if i remember correctly....other than that it was remarkable umpiring.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yeah,

Thorpe ducking what he thought was a beamer which ended up as a low full toss which hit him on the pad lbw, almost hit his head.