• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne: No *** please, I'm bowling

a massive zebra

International Captain
Warne says spinning is better than ***.

Spin legend Shane Warne, who admits he has chased so many women his marriage finally buckled, says he would turn down a beautiful woman to be able to bowl England out in the second Test at Edgbaston.

"I'd give up *** to bowl a few more of those balls this summer, that's for sure," the 35-year-old told GQ magazine, referring to the leg-break that bamboozled Mike Gatting in the 1993 Old Trafford Ashes Test.

"I'll take the cricket every time."

Warne's life has never been the same since the Gatting ball and his 589 Test wickets make him arguably the greatest spin bowler of all time.

Worse still, he has done it all on a diet of pizzas and milkshakes.

"My diet is still pizzas, chips, toasted cheese sandwiches and milkshakes," he told the magazine.

"I have the occasional six week burst where I stick to fruit and cereal. It bloody kills me but I guess you have to do it."

Warne admitted to making many mistakes in his life but said he never looked back.

"I've made some poor choices when I've had too many [drinks] but I've made some when I've been sober," he said.

"The problem is there's still a big kid inside me who likes to have fun. Maybe I need to grow up and maybe I don't.

"I may have done a few things differently, but when you are thrust into the limelight at 22, like I was, it can be hard to deal with it in a mature, sensible way.

"You can't describe what that ball to Gatting did. It changed my life forever, on and off the pitch. I started being judged on every move I made."

Prostitution

But Warne knocked the women who had spilled the beans about his extramarital affairs to the media.

"It's poor form for cricketers or celebrities or movie stars that there are so many women out there selling their stories for cash," he said.

"It's just another form of prostitution. What happens between two people, whoever they are, should stay between them."

And Warne recognised a soul mate in England soccer captain David Beckham, who has been caught by the tabloids more than once.

"We've been through a few similar things that I'd love to chat to him about over a beer or two," he says.

But the Australian was in no doubt about his place in cricket's hall of fame.

"No matter how many more wickets I take, I was voted one of the five best cricketers ever in the Wisden poll by my peers. And they can never take that away from me."

PY

International Coach
Love it. :laugh:

Someone needs to tell him to keep his yap shut during a series and let his cricket do the talking.

EDIT: Which it is.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
a massive zebra said:
Spin legend Shane Warne, who admits he has chased so many women his marriage finally buckled, says he would turn down a beautiful woman to be able to bowl England out in the second Test at Edgbaston.
Hmmmm.

Well, judging by the state of some of the ladies who've has the dubious benefit of the Warne purple-headed custard-chucker, I'd say he'd struggle to turn anything down, much less a beautiful woman!!!

I present exhibit A for the prosecution: :D

Attachments

Swervy

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Hmmmm.

Well, judging by the state of some of the ladies who've has the dubious benefit of the Warne purple-headed custard-chucker, I'd say he'd struggle to turn anything down, much less a beautiful woman!!!

they might have really nice personalities :p

twctopcat

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
Hmmmm.

What a legend Warne is, "owzat in seconds". Does he give a s*it?? Course he doesn't, fair play!! At the end of the day despite all the texting, drugs etc over his career, people, or at least me, will remember him as an awesome bowler, and that sums it all up really.