• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is currently the best all-rounder at international level?

Who is currently the best all-rounder at international level?

• Andrew Symonds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Adam Gilchrist

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Abdur Razzaq

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Flintoff

Votes: 39 46.4%
  • Shoaib Malik

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Jacques Kallis

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Kumar Sangakkara

• Sanath Jayasuriya

• Kamran Akmal

• Mahinder Singh Dhoni

• Shaun Pollock

• Shahid Afridi

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Michael Clarke

• Jacques Rudolph

• Brendon McCullum

• Scott Styris

• Chris Gayle

• Geraint Jones

• Jacob Oram

• Chris Cairns

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

shaka

International Regular
Cairns in ODI's, Flintoff in tests as Cairns does not play tests anymore.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If we're allowing keeping all-rounders Sangakarra must push Flintoff close too.

If we're talking all-rounders if the conventional sense Flintoff is the only game in town just now in tests. Kallis was & Oram probably has the potential to be, but Fred is probably the only player who could be selected solely on either suit. Although, in truth, on current form he's arguably more of a bowling all-rounder despite batting at 6.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Including keepers its Gilly quite easily. Next would be Flintoff and then Sangakkara. If we're including ODIs Cairns would obviously be quite high too.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
this topic has been done to death, although I will still vote. I think Gilchirst is the best keeping allrounder and Flintoff is the best non-keeping allrounder. I wouldn't vote for Cairns as an ODI all rounder as Flintoff and others are overtaking Cairns especially going on current form where Cairns v Australia was quite disappointing.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Batting
M Inns NO 50s 100s HS Runs Avg Ca St
10 8 0 1 0 87 240 30.00 1 0
Bowling
O M R W 4w Best Avg S/R E/R
94.4 3 425 12 0 3/23 35.42 47.33 4.49

I hope u Can understand that

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Batting
M Inns NO 50s 100s HS Runs Avg Ca St
39 35 2 5 0 67 761 23.06 13 0
Bowling
O M R W 4w Best Avg S/R E/R
276.2 12 1388 39 2 5/42 35.59 42.51 5.02

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
And the sides they both played in,this current England would be stronger than the side that Cairns played in most of his Career

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Flintoff. Not many guys can hit a run-a-ball 60-odd in a Test against the Aussies and then bowl 145km/h+.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
dont think its fair to call kallis an allrounder anymore, but yeah i guess its gilchrist, non keeper il have to say flintoff.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
If we're allowing keeping all-rounders Sangakarra must push Flintoff close too.

If we're talking all-rounders if the conventional sense Flintoff is the only game in town just now in tests. Kallis was & Oram probably has the potential to be, but Fred is probably the only player who could be selected solely on either suit. Although, in truth, on current form he's arguably more of a bowling all-rounder despite batting at 6.
Still saying that? :p