• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would a combined Eng+Aus 11 look like?

Steulen

International Regular
Goed zo.

Who'd you have in there, Strauss or Hayden?

[OT]
The Dutch to win the ICC intercontinental Cup this year! Let it rain!
[/OT]

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Steulen said:
Goed zo.

Who'd you have in there, Strauss or Hayden?

[OT]
The Dutch to win the ICC intercontinental Cup this year! Let it rain!
[/OT]
Strauss, Hayden is getting old :)

lmao yeah...let it rain :D :happy:

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
gillespie WAS a good bowler and since his problems he has yet to prove anything....he wouldnt get into my combined XI.

one of the english openers must be picked over hayden.

i spose 5 bowlers (including freddy) is acceptable considering the vast wealth of batting ability in the tail.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ LOL..

Why hasnt hayden featured in a lot of these teams named.. are these teams just based on current form? cause if i had a combined Eng+Aus on general terms.. hayden would feature without doubt.. hes class imo.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
was class if you ask me, past his best.

Edit: im gonna feel sooooo sorry that i said this in a few days...just a feeling :D :laugh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
lord_of_darkness said:
^ LOL..

Why hasnt hayden featured in a lot of these teams named.. are these teams just based on current form? cause if i had a combined Eng+Aus on general terms.. hayden would feature without doubt.. hes class imo.
Because he's fourteen matches without a century.

simmy

International Regular
Current combined XI Marcus Trescothick, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting, Damien Martyn, Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Adam Gilchrist (wk), Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Steve Harmison, Simon Jones

This is CricInfo's combined XI... I fully agree.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
simmy said:
Current combined XI Marcus Trescothick, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting, Damien Martyn, Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Adam Gilchrist (wk), Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Steve Harmison, Simon Jones

This is CricInfo's combined XI... I fully agree.
Eh? Umm... Glenn McGrath? Over Simon Jones? Just maybe?

Either one of Strauss or Hayden would be better than Trescothick too.