• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would a combined Eng+Aus 11 look like?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Shane Warne said:
By variation do you mean, less consistency and more likely to make less runs?

That's a great attribute he brings to the table I must say.

How about we bring in Graham Hick for some variable batting.

Australia have a better version of Flintoffs batting in Gilchrist, no need for a poor mans version.
There's room for Simon and Fred in the side, Fred makes it as a bowler alone, and a handy #8.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Strauss
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
KP
Katich
Gilchrist
Flintoff
Warne
Harmison
McGrath
agreed with this team but i would pick Hayden has an opener for sure...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
My pre-Ashes team, excluding Thorpe due to retirement/injury/whatever, was:

Strauss
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Flintoff
Gilchrist
Warne
Gillespie
Harmison
McGrath

If Thorpe was fit, he's in there for Katich. I'm not going to change that until the series is over, because really 1 test doesn't tell us anything.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FaaipDeOiad said:
My pre-Ashes team, excluding Thorpe due to retirement/injury/whatever, was:

Strauss
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Flintoff
Gilchrist
Warne
Gillespie
Harmison
McGrath

If Thorpe was fit, he's in there for Katich. I'm not going to change that until the series is over, because really 1 test doesn't tell us anything.
Yeah that's my team. Wouldn't be surprised to squeeze Pietersen in there in the near future.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
kwek said:
Bell and looking good ? are we talking about the same Ian Bell? :laugh:
Does anyone else find him not all that pleasing on the eye?

"Pleasing on the eye" in a manly, "gee I bet he'd pull birds well" type of way, of course.

(Before someone else makes the gag - yeah, he pulls birds pretty well. Ducks! :D )

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
Does anyone else find him not all that pleasing on the eye?

"Pleasing on the eye" in a manly, "gee I bet he'd pull birds well" type of way, of course.

(Before someone else makes the gag - yeah, he pulls birds pretty well. Ducks! :D )
ginger....