• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Geraint Jones

geraint jones

• back him

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • sack him

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
the poor lad has come in for a lot of critisism in the last week or two, some of it fair, a lot of it un-deserved in my opinion. It is true that he has made some awful drops and failed with the bat on a few occasions but i personally dont think he has been as bad as some people say. There is nothing to say that those drops made might not have been cuaght by his closest rival chris read, personally i would stick with him, as dropping him potentially could do more harm than good, what does everyone else think?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
no Jones is a poor keeper that is all there is it too it. His batting is not good enough too makes up for this and it is high time he was dropped he can only really play one shot after all and gets out stupidly all the time. plus he is a cheat.

Langeveldt

Soutie
back him, I don't see anyone way better in the English game unless mediocre keeper batsmen like Read and Prior are promoted..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
playing prior would be awful,

i am a huge fan of read, but i am still not convinced that his batting is up to it,

if jones really fails again with the gloves and the bat in the next innings then read might have to be called up, but if not then i see no point in dropping jones until after the series.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Back him, because he has the talent to succeed.

Equally, however, do not discount the chances of the other contenders for his role - even if Jones regains his form and becomes a success, there's no sense in keeping him in if Prior or someone else bags 2000 runs next year - however unlikely that may be.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
to be honest i dont think prior is anywhere near good enough to play for england, esspecially the test side, i would take chris read over him anyday.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Read is a fantastic keeper, just needs to work on his batting, then i'd pick him for Jones anyday.

cpr

International Coach
As everyone else seems to be saying, i'd back him for lack of an alternative....

To be honest i reckon someone like Read should've been given another go against Bangladesh, i mean its not like we needed the extra depth in the batting line up, and it would've answered a fair few 'can they handle the test scene' questions (ok, not all, it was only against Bangladesh after all)

archie mac

International Coach
imho they should just pick the best keeper period, and forget about the batting. It really lifts a fast bowler if he knows the keeper will take 99% of all chances, and maybe create a few with his own keeping skill.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He has to get an extended run.

He is talented with both bat and gloves, he just needs to improve his concentration.

cricket player

International Debutant
also improve on off side,

Why the hell do you have to do anything that goes through off side,

Kaspa took full advantage of that and poor jones didnt know what to do with that ball.

shaka

International Regular
I think he has had enough chances, the only real thing keeping him in the team is his batting, and unless he suddenly starts to score runs, I would drop him.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i'd back him, jones does seem to have potential behind the stumps, he's just not been playing that well recently. give him some time, i reckon

King_Ponting

International Regular
dependant on his keeping performance in this game, but my gut feeling says sack him. hes not a consistent performer.