• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Mcgrath is out for the series what will the final scoreline be?

PY

International Coach
The way things are going I'd go for 3-2 Aussie.

Not just his own talents as a bowler but for what he allows the others to do as well.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes id say 3-2 austalia is a good prediction without mcgrath for even 2 tests i think England can run australia pretty close.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't see there being too many draws, but I guess you can never totally trust the English climate. McGrath being out certainly gives us much more of a chance (obviously), but we really need to win the 2nd test.

If we manage it (big if) I'll go 3-2 Oz.

Course what we really need now is Warne to injure himself in a suitably bizarre way. A groin strain seems apt or maybe third-degree burns to the scalp from the laser treatment he's having. Which doesn't seem to be working, BTW. How cack did his barnet look today?!?! :D

PY

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
How cack did his barnet look today?!?! :D
You would say that with your post-punk Hugh Grant-esque, it's impossible to compete with. :p

Though you are completely right, it looked crap.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
they still have warne and their support seamers are quite competent so they are quite likely to win even without mcgrath but england will put up a much better fight....3-1 sounds about right....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
3-1 to Australia.

I see no reason to change that opinion just because Matthew Hoggard was proved right and Glenn tripped up over Warney's zimmer frame.

Brett Lee is fully capable of stepping into the breach.

Oh, wait...

nick-o

State 12th Man
Before the series I pegged it 3-1 to Aus.

I sincerely hope Glenda isn't out for the series, as I want to watch the best against the best, whoever wins.

Also, one has to expect a crucial Eng player to pick up an injury too to balance it out, so the original prediction ought to stand.

But if McG is out and if Eng can field a basically unchanged 11 throughout the series, I would move one Aus victory over into the Eng column -- can't see much of a case to argue that a draw becomes more likely; so to my surprise, I'd say 2-2.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah thats more like it, where is the English optimism from you pomms on the forum

I dont think there will be any drwas in this series, so i think England 3-2 Australia sonds about right. Even when The masters's back [or one of the two masters] he won't have another Lord's slope to destroy us with. I think we will win at the Oval for some wierd reason.

Last edited: