• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Mcgrath is out for the series what will the final scoreline be?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Who?

If you mean me, then no, I wasn't actually.

I genuinely expect England to narrowly win the series from here.
Well, if your assessment of the best combined XI in the other thread is correct, I believe you.

luckyeddie said:
Well, if your assessment of the best combined XI in the other thread is correct, I believe you.
It's more of a gut feeling than based on paper.

I think the whole Mcgrath thing might just be the turning point, and could mean it's written in the stars as Englands destiny.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
If they play Macgill then yes maybe, but with these inept seamers I'd pick England.
Can you tell us how MacGill (who only gets good figures when he comes on after 3 super bowlers) is a better option than dropping one of the seamers?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
Can you tell us how MacGill (who only gets good figures when he comes on after 3 super bowlers) is a better option than dropping one of the seamers?
I'd be interested to see MacGill's figures when he plays with Brett Lee...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
I'd be interested to see MacGill's figures when he plays with Brett Lee...
MacGill for Lee has to be seriously considered if Lee continues his present mindless bowling performances.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BoyBrumby said:
Can't see there being too many draws, but I guess you can never totally trust the English climate. McGrath being out certainly gives us much more of a chance (obviously), but we really need to win the 2nd test.

If we manage it (big if) I'll go 3-2 Oz.
I'm still standing by that. It now looks about 85-15 in our favour for the win @ Edgbaston, but an awful lot of top players haven't played a hand for Oz yet. Langer, Punter, Martyn & Gilly all have a least one century in them & I suspect Kasper will step up to the mark sooner or later.

biased indian

International Coach
Yesterday ian chappel said this on TV when he was commentating with Manjarekar during the indian oil cup

if Mcgarth was to miss the whole series england could win 1 or 2 test

if Warne was also to miss the series england could win 3-4 test