• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussies Come Home?

archie mac

International Coach
Jason Gillespie has told an Australian radio station, that he would seriously consider coming home if another bomb was exploded in London. (sorry I could not get the link to work)

If these bombs had happened in Pakistan or Sri Lanka I think the Aussies would have already left.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think it'd be very good news for Oz provided it was only Dizzy who left!! :D

Sorry, I shouldn't be facetious about a subject like this. It's just all faintly surreal to me.

Cloete

International Captain
I guess it's rather funny now how England were so reluctant over touring Pakistan. Yet in a few things I read the English were considering Australians weak for contemplating going home! 8-)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i dont really think that the safety of the cricket team is in too much danger, you never know though

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Cloete said:
I guess it's rather funny now how England were so reluctant over touring Pakistan. Yet in a few things I read the English were considering Australians weak for contemplating going home! 8-)
It's the ECB who have reservations about Karachi, and all I've heard from Vaughan about the Aussie/Dizzy situation was that it's "understandable", plus the usual "we're just gonna play cricket" line.

Cloete

International Captain
Pedro Delgado said:
It's the ECB who have reservations about Karachi, and all I've heard from Vaughan about the Aussie/Dizzy situation was that it's "understandable", plus the usual "we're just gonna play cricket" line.
Yeah the English cricket team has been great.

Just elements of the English press.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
If the people of London (and the UK) can keep on living normally, the Aussie cricketers can stay. At any rate, they have much more protection than the average person and it's well, just stupid to fear terrorism of all things.

Cloete

International Captain
Dasa said:
If the people of London (and the UK) can keep on living normally, the Aussie cricketers can stay. At any rate, they have much more protection than the average person and it's well, just stupid to fear terrorism of all things.
Like I said.. I was just getting at how hypocritical it was more than anything else.

I don't think we should fear terrorism, it's what they'd want.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes i think this is the wrong sort of message for these cricketers too be sending, i really dont think that cricket is under threat and that if everyone in England can carry on living their lives then why cant a few cricketers? i do however agree with the point that if this was in pakistan or sri lanka they probably would have gone home

Langeveldt

Soutie
If they had been touring Pakistan, dizzy would be already by the pool with an eskie full of cold ones.. Ages ago, would have been no question about it

Barney Rubble

International Coach
To quit the tour would be to give in. Inter Milan's football (soccer) side tried to cancel their tour of this country the other week, and had to put it back on because of the disapproval towards the decision - if Australia were to go home, it would be a very small, but significant, form of surrender.

Just my two cents.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Barney Rubble said:
To quit the tour would be to give in. Inter Milan's football (soccer) side tried to cancel their tour of this country the other week, and had to put it back on because of the disapproval towards the decision - if Australia were to go home, it would be a very small, but significant, form of surrender.

Just my two cents.
Not exactly the same form of surrender that England would be showing if they dropped out Pakistan this winter?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Not exactly the same form of surrender that England would be showing if they dropped out Pakistan this winter?
To be honest I'm not actually that clued up about the Pakistan situation, but to pull out completely would indeed be the exact same thing, yes. I would be extremely disappointed for a number of reasons if England pulled out of Pakistan.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pothas said:
i do however agree with the point that if this was in pakistan or sri lanka they probably would have gone home
So, what is the difference then? Assuming that you mean that you'd support them going home from Sri Lanka or Pakistan, but not support them from going home now?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Precisely the same sort of surrender.