• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone read Slaters book.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Has it been released yet at all?

I wouldn't mind having a quick read, since I like Slats as a player.....depends on how much whinging he does in the book as to whether I pay full price for it!

I don't know if it's been released.

All I heard was that he had a pop at those two in it, so was intrigued if anyone knew any specifics.

archie mac

International Coach
Shane Warne said:
I don't know if it's been released.

All I heard was that he had a pop at those two in it, so was intrigued if anyone knew any specifics.
Just spotted it in a book shop yesterday, here in Canberra.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Shane Warne said:
Apparently he had a go at Steve Waugh and Gilchrist.

Anyone got any details.
There was an article in the Sunday papers, including an excerpt (sp) from his book where he talks about his dropping from the side during the 2001 Ashes series, and pretty much blames Steve Waugh for all of it. He definently has a go at Steve Waugh, but more says that Adam Gilchrist had a go at him - and Slater himself seems to sort of indicate that he probably deserved it.

Craig

World Traveller
I read it and I had to agree with it.

If somebody has an issue and doesn't have the balls to come to the person concerned (in this case Slater) then Slater has everyright IMO to get upset.

If I see a copy I may end up buying it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Argh crap. Well, it used to work. Sorry James for putting up a dodgy link. Was there a CW article on the same story that I could have referred it to?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Email me the website address, only sites that have spammed us are on the ***** filter.