• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Brett Lee tried to kill me' - Pietersen

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't see this posted, but here we go.

Brett Lee tried to kill me
Robert Craddock
Birmingham
03aug05

ENGLAND'S batting big mouth Kevin Pietersen has said Brett Lee tried to kill him at Lord's as Australia mulls over plans for the rematch at Edgbaston tomorrow.

Sorting out a new game plan for the feisty Pietersen, who made 121 runs for once out in the first Test, is one of the top items on Australia's agenda for its second Test planning.

Pietersen has told of the confidence he gained in foiling three ploys designed to expose his home-made technique in his Test debut.

"They went for me for two hours outside off stump, then tried lbw bowling at my legs and then they went to the bumper theory," Pietersen said.

"Lee tried to kill me and that wasn't nice. I came through it and I gained great heart."

Captain Ricky Ponting said Australia had several ploys in mind to counter the batsman who fires himself up for battle by downing a Red Bull energy drink before he bats.

Pietersen was in such splendid form in the first Test he managed 75 runs off 99 balls from Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne as the pair cast a mesmeric spell over his teammates.

"We will have a look at the way he played in the first Test," Ponting said.

"There are plans we executed well for a short period, but we have to do it for a long period of time because he scores so freely and hits the ball so hard he can get away from you pretty quickly.

"When he first comes to the crease is an area we have to look at. He was conservative and got himself in before he started taking the bowlers on.

"We have got to think, are we happy with him doing that?

"Should we starve him for runs or have an aggressive go at him, make him play shots and get a mistake out of him?

"They are the things we have to weigh up."

Pietersen has an unusual hammer grip that makes him drag the ball to the leg side.

Many observers say the technique must eventually be found out at Test level, but he is nothing if not resourceful.

English coach Duncan Fletcher has said Pietersen is one of the cleverest players he has worked with.

Pietersen will face the same attack tomorrow, with Ponting all but confirming that Michael Kasprowicz's 5-67 in the match against Worcestershire that ended in a draw yesterday would not be enough to displace Jason Gillespie for the third seamer's role.

"Kasper has done everything he can but Jason did well in his first spell," Ponting said.

"If you look at the way Jason played today and the way we went in the first Test, it would be unlikely we would change the team."

Pietersen said he had tried to play McGrath by getting forward and Warne by being quick on his feet and using his bat as often as possible, given his most venomous ball was the skidding slider.
Funniest thing I have seen for a while.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16132189%5E11088,00.html

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pietersen man... what an annoying son of a gun. KP - get a haircut!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The man can bat, but he says some of the most ridiculous things. There`s another.

Steulen

International Regular
It was thigh-high ffs, even a credible LBW ball.
It must be their excessive grovelling that makes them call everything a beamer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anything higher than knee-high is always going to be very unexpected even when it's not a Beamer.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
The man can bat, but he says some of the most ridiculous things. There`s another.
Do you know the context though? For instance it may have gone like this:

Journo: "ha ha, quite a hostile spell from Lee wasn't it?"

KP: "ha ha yeah he tired to kill me, and that wasn't nice!"

Which is probably how it went in context, and seeing him interviewed on Sky Sports news a fair bit, seems in keeping with his style.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pedro Delgado said:

Which is probably how it went in context, and seeing him interviewed on Sky Sports news a fair bit, seems in keeping with his style.
I did indeed think of that, but with the large amount of stupid things he`s already said...

That, and I just don`t like him. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:

The precise thing...
So often interviews which show only words make them sound like they're something they're not... because so many important things are excluded from a written piece.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
I did indeed think of that, but with the large amount of stupid things he`s already said...

That, and I just don`t like him. :p
Fairy nuff, a lot of folks don't seem to like KP. Is it the runs he scores against you or his Aussie-style brashness? :p

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Richard said:
The precise thing...
So often interviews which show only words make them sound like they're something they're not... because so many important things are excluded from a written piece.
Abso-bloody-exactly.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pedro Delgado said:
Fairy nuff, a lot of folks don't seem to like KP. Is it the runs he scores against you or his Aussie-style brashness? :p
I would have thought they would have considered KP as a bit of a home boy myself and warmed to him.. He strikes me as being far more Aussie than Brit.. I think the SAfricans warmed to him (a bit) when they realized here was someone who can stand up for himself and back up his words with actions...

simmy

International Regular
Brian could have died. That was most appaling thing I have ever seen in sport! NZ were going to win anyway.. there was no need to deliberately hospitalise people!

(Yes even KP's haircut - before someone says it!)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
simmy said:
Brian could have died. That was most appaling thing I have ever seen in sport! NZ were going to win anyway.. there was no need to deliberately hospitalise people!

(Yes even KP's haircut - before someone says it!)
Not the thread for it, but try and learn something about rugby union before you make stupid comments like that.