• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Brett Lee tried to kill me' - Pietersen

shaka

International Regular
harmison tried to kill people as well in that test, injuries aplenty occurred.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
shaka said:
harmison tried to kill people as well in that test, injuries aplenty occurred.
I don't think he tried to kill them, more it was a case of saying "We're not as tame as we have been in the past"

It worked as well, until we batted.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pedro Delgado said:
Fairy nuff, a lot of folks don't seem to like KP. Is it the runs he scores against you or his Aussie-style brashness? :p
The latter. :p

Awesome batsman, crap attitude. Not a humble bloke.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
I don't think he tried to kill them, more it was a case of saying "We're not as tame as we have been in the past"

It worked as well, until we batted.
Yeah, well said.

Steulen

International Regular
Nnanden said:

I don't want my sports heroes to be humble; but I don't want them to be overt idiots in the Warne / Pietersen mould either.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Nnanden said:

Ordinarily I'd agree, I prefer modesty and quiet confidence usually but there's summat about KP that has made me bypass his decorum, I think it's along the lines of what Langeveldt's on about; the incredible stick he took in SA and the way he handled it was quite remarkable, and I've had nothing but respect for him since.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Steulen said:
I don't want my sports heroes to be humble; but I don't want them to be overt idiots in the Warne / Pietersen mould either.
Why wouldn`t you want `em humble?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pedro Delgado said:
Ordinarily I'd agree, I prefer modesty and quiet confidence usually but there's summat about KP that has made me bypass his decorum, I think it's along the lines of what Langeveldt's on about; the incredible stick he took in SA and the way he handled it was quite remarkable, and I've had nothing but respect for him since.
Yeah fair enough. He indeed handled SA very well.

Steulen

International Regular
Nnanden said:
Why wouldn`t you want `em humble?
Because it irritates me when someone has done something utterly remarkable and then says "Ah well, it wasn't me, it's just all this talent God/Allah/Bob gave me". WTF?

I like those sportsmen best who realise they're not sliced bread incarnate, but also know that their own actions, perseverance and hard work have got them this far. People like Lance Armstrong, Justin Langer, Roger Federer.