• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

are england capable.....

King_Ponting

International Regular
Shane Warne said:
If they ever get to bat first on a road like England have done twice in succession now, then yes.
I dont think the pitch has made that much difference to be honest. More the application of the Australian batsmen has been lacking, combined with some poor bowling by the aussies. On the other hand i believe that england has shown good application in both the batting and bowling departments and deserved to win the last test and be on top in this test as they were/are/have been clearly the better team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
If they ever get to bat first on a road like England have done twice in succession now, then yes.
If it's a road then how come the almighty Aussies are struggling to avoid the follow on?

marc71178 said:
If it's a road then how come the almighty Aussies are struggling to avoid the follow on?
It's clearly changed quite a bit since the first day.

There's quite a bit of rough now in which even Giles has been able to spin it from. it's resulted in each of his three wickets as a direct result of it.

Warne didn't have any on day one.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
The excuses continue.

Is it beyond the realms of belief that England have actually played well?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Shane Warne said:

There's quite a bit of rough now in which even Giles has been able to spin it from. it's resulted in each of his three wickets as a direct result of it.

Warne didn't have any on day one.
What are you on about ? It hasn't changed much at all ... the Aussies have just been batting absolutely terribly. Some of the dismissals these series have been awful

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
burkey_1988 said:
What are you on about ? It hasn't changed much at all ... the Aussies have just been batting absolutely terribly. Some of the dismissals these series have been awful
I would disagree on the batting terribly.

Aside from Clarke, I don't actually think the Aussies gave their wickets away.

More it was a case of good bowling.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
I would disagree on the batting terribly.

Aside from Clarke, I don't actually think the Aussies gave their wickets away.

More it was a case of good bowling.
I thought Punter's shot was pretty loose too. Good bounce from Jones (surprising too possibly as he's usually more skiddy), but I think it was a poor shot to play.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Christ, I remove this guy from the 'Ignore' list for five minutes and what do I read?

For what it's worth, Australia won the toss in the second test and PUT ENGLAND IN.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
The excuses continue.

Is it beyond the realms of belief that England have actually played well?
That's not going to fly, Marc.

Debating with a troll is like trying to push jelly uphill.