• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test players against a certain nation..........

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should be an interesting thread....Batsmen or Bowlers with Stats given if possible. Should really be a qualification of a least 5 tests.

To start things rolling.....Has there ever been a batsmen who loved dining out on New Zealands bowling more than Javed Miandad in those to play more than 5 matches ??

Mat Runs HS ave 100 50
18 1919 271 79.95 7 6

C_C

International Captain
Wally Hammond.

I think he averages something like 120 against NZ.

Of more recent fame is Ricky Ponting and Herschelle Gibbs, both in the 75-80 category i think.

Zinzan

C_C said:
Wally Hammond.

I think he averages something like 120 against NZ.

Of more recent fame is Ricky Ponting and Herschelle Gibbs, both in the 75-80 category i think.
Gibbs not quite as Good as Miandads record....

Gibbs against NZ is...

6 686 211* 76.22 2 3

Again Ponting is close...but not quite

Ponting against NZ...
11 808 157* 73.45 2 4

BUT....I give you Hammond...His record against NZ even makes Bradmans stats look ordinary...

Hammond against NZ is

9 1015 336* 112.77 4 1 6

Wow...Think we have a winner for batting against NZ (5 test or more). Little doubt the 336 not out would have boosted the average though.....but thats cricket !

Nicely Spotted C_C

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Jacques Kallis against Zimbabwe :D
On the same note, Marcus Trescothick averages 110 in 4 matches against Bangladesh..... :D

Michael Vaughan averages over 90 from 6 matches against India, that's pretty handy.

Shoaib

Banned
What about this performance?
Shoaib Mohammad against New Zealand

M I NO Runs HS Av 100s
7 10 2 854 203* 106.75 5

Shoaib

Banned
Another remarkable performers are Javed Miandad & Zaheer Abbas (against India).
Name M I NO Runs HS Av 100s
Javed Miandad 28 39 6 2228 280* 67.51 5
Zaheer Abbas 19 25 5 1740 235* 87.00 6

Another terrific performer is Verinder Sehwag against Pakistan.
Verinder Sehwag 6 10 0 982 309 98.20 3

tooextracool

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
Should be an interesting thread....Batsmen or Bowlers with Stats given if possible. Should really be a qualification of a least 5 tests.

To start things rolling.....Has there ever been a batsmen who loved dining out on New Zealands bowling more than Javed Miandad in those to play more than 5 matches ??

Mat Runs HS ave 100 50
18 1919 271 79.95 7 6
id presume this doesnt include don bradman, because he really would roll over everyone.
178 and 201 against india and SA takes some doing.

Beleg

International Regular
Waqar Younis, Wasim Akram and Shoaib Akhtar against NZ? :p (Well, I think Waqar's figures were spoiled by the latter series)

Chubb

International Regular
I think Andy flower has a superlative average against SA. Mainly helped by his 168 and 199* in one test, also his record against India and Pakistan must be very strong too.

Zinzan

tooextracool said:
id presume this doesnt include don bradman, because he really would roll over everyone.
178 and 201 against india and SA takes some doing.
Read the title. My example was Vs NZ....Bradman never played a test against us (thank god :D