• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worst players on the international circuit?

Shoaib

Banned
Samuel_Vimes said:
Nope. Afraid not, and for once I'm not gonna go to cricinfo and check up on my ignorance...
Mohammad Hafeez is the most unsuccessful opening batsman in the history of Pakistan Cricket.

Shoaib

Banned
Mohammad Hafeez's ODI career record .

Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St

30 30 0 543 69 18.10 51.56 - 3 13 -
His Test record is better than that though.

Craig

World Traveller
Top_Cat said:
I don't blame him as far as I am concerned he is an honest guy and that was shown in the article.

He IMO has come into for far too much critisim and as far as I am concerned he offers something to the England team and that is being missed by people. If there is a better spinner then him (no Alex Louden doesn't count) in England I will like to know?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
If there is a better spinner then him (no Alex Louden doesn't count) in England I will like to know?
Absolutely.

And if Nasser Hussain did not get the crazy idea of getting him to bowl over the wickets wide of the leg stump to right handers, I am sure he would have had much better stats than what we see.

I dont see a better left hand orthodox spinner in the world and that includes Vettori.
The only exception might be Murali Karthik of India but he doesnt find a place in the Indian team. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
No that wasn't a typo... Pietersen talks and talks and talks and then scores loads of runs.. As opposed to people who talk and do nothing much whom I can't stand in any field of life..
Oh yeah I get you now - it's the fact that he can back up his words with actions. Totally agree.

tooextracool

International Coach
social said:
Having spent months defending the Mumbai wicket, you surely can't now be doing a back-flip and discounting performances in that match.
and where have i said that 'people who think that the mumbai wicket was not test class' are wrong?
because i clearly havent.
nor have i discounted clarkes performances, but they should be taken in context, given that giles,warne and murali didnt get to bowl in india on a pitch anywhere near as spin friendly as that.

tooextracool

International Coach
Shoaib said:
Mohammad Hafeez's ODI career record .

Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St

30 30 0 543 69 18.10 51.56 - 3 13 -
His Test record is better than that though.
he was a more capable player than that IMO.