• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worst players on the international circuit?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I honestly reckon Sami is alright. Not amazing by any means, but certainly not horribly bad.

Top_Cat said:
Giles is pretty gay to do that.

He should expect it after a match in which he pretty much faced two balls and scored 0 runs in two innings and bowled about 0/50 in ten overs or whatever it was.

To write it was as if England had 10 men in the game is pretty much correct, as I don't recall any outstanding acts in the field either.

He should just take it in the chin and get on with it. When he was decent against the Windies etc it was noted and acknowledged.

The same would apply to anybody else. Heaven forbid if Warne had those match statistics. It would have been 10 times as harsh.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ashley Giles: 11 runs, nought for 56 in eleven overs, one catch, one run-out
Jason Gillespie: 14 runs, nought for 48 in fourteen overs, three no-balls, one catch

Nuff said.

Samuel_Vimes said:
Ashley Giles: 11 runs, nought for 56 in eleven overs, one catch, one run-out
Jason Gillespie: 14 runs, nought for 48 in fourteen overs, three no-balls, one catch

Nuff said.
How about including the statistics of Gillespies partnerships and balls faced, numbnuts.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Shane Warne said:
He should expect it after a match in which he pretty much faced two balls and scored 0 runs in two innings and bowled about 0/50 in ten overs or whatever it was.

To write it was as if England had 10 men in the game is pretty much correct, as I don't recall any outstanding acts in the field either.

He should just take it in the chin and get on with it. When he was decent against the Windies etc it was noted and acknowledged.

The same would apply to anybody else. Heaven forbid if Warne had those match statistics. It would have been 10 times as harsh.
your use of adjectives is ****.

Samuel_Vimes said:
Since you already know it, why don't you go and find it yourself?
What were you trying to say by comparing him to Gillespie? :blink:

It's well documented that Dizzy has been so ineffectual that there's speculation he might be done, certainly his place is in massive jeapody.

Going down that road is hardly an endorement for Giles.

Nuff said.

Steulen

International Regular
Shane Warne said:
That's close to if not actual discrimination.

On the upside, this might get you kicked off the forum.

And there was much rejoicing...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
You sad little fraction of a man.
(Best behaviour mode)

Stop it - you are becoming even more ridiculous than usual. Has it become a game recently to determine just how far you can go before you get banned?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Ashley Giles has achieved far too much in his career to have to deal with even more Aussie idiots who don't know what they're talking about (aside from the media that is) slating his performances. I admit that in the past, I haven't been his biggest fan - and on more than one occasion I have lobbied for his exclusion from the team - but it has always been on tactical grounds, and has certainly not happened since he had his best spell of Test cricket yet, last year.

This is a man who has played 46 Tests for the current 2nd best nation in the world, who has taken 127 Test wickets (that's 127 more than you, Shane Warne, as I'm sure you haven't a millionth of the talent of Warne himself in you), who recently bowled Brian Lara through the gate, and who, above all, is a man so committed, passionate and thoughtful about the game of cricket, and so appreciative of (and well-liked by) the England fans that he deserves far better than to have his every move criticised.

I, for one, hope Giles takes a stack of wickets this series - simply because, however good he may or may not be, the man deserves it. I don't care whether or not he's only in the team because he's the best spinner we've got, and not because he's actually any good; I don't care that he's never going to be as good as Warne; I don't care that most of Australia thinks he's a laughing stock.

Regardless of his ability, the man is a credit to the game and to his country, and should be able to play the game he loves without having to deal with unjust criticism from people who will never achieve as much in the game as he has. Leave the man alone.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Chubb said:
I respect David Houghton but I suspect he wants England to pick Ant Botha, the Derby spinner who bats a bit as well, but he's no better than Giles really. It's natural for a county coach to push his own players but in this case he's wrong.
Picking Botha is the last thing we need in the current environment - a South-African born Irishman!?! :D :wacko: