• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Preditct national side in 2008

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
If SA ever put out that side, they'd be shot down for racist selections...
Wow. Tough call! The provisonal wing of the quota-enforcement department are taking no more guff, clearly.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha. That must be the most original interpretation of someone's name since King_Ponting decided that howardj was a liberal party voter because his name had Howard in it.

howardj

International Coach
Monty said:
this is his stats from 03/04 AUSSIE DOMESTIC SEASON
Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St Team
11 16 2 857 212* 61.21 69.84 4 2 9 - VIC
humm yeah thats major under preforming
8-) And how does that disprove my statement that he has had one good season only?

howardj

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Really think Bird will make it? With his action being reworked and so on, I think there's a fair chance he won't amount to much. I agree with the rest of it though... if Cullen doesn't back up from last season there's always the chance of a four-prong pace attack too. That top six looks very likely indeed.
Didnt know he was having problems with his action. Mainly went off his profile on the Baggygreen Website...........oh, and the fact that he absolutely sconned Slats back in 2002, when he was a teenager :D Speaking of Slats, got his new book today. Decent read so far.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Langer
Jacques
Ponting (c)
Clarke
Hussey M
Watson
Haddin
White
Cullen
Lee
Tait

Watson filling in as the third seamer

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Monty said:
hey boy brumby are you a ACT brumbies fan sorry for going off topic
I always took it that he was a Brummie Git - and in common with the majority of Brummie Gits, couldn't spell.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh
Shahriah Nafees (c)
Nafis Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Mohammad Ashraful
Rajin Saleh
Alok Kapali
Khaled Mashud/Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Enamul Haque Jnr
Nazmul Hossain
Shahadat Hossain

Monty

U19 Cricketer
it disproves your theroy because he is having an awesome season for notts and he had a good one in 03/04 and previous seasons

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Didnt know he was having problems with his action. Mainly went off his profile on the Baggygreen Website...........oh, and the fact that he absolutely sconned Slats back in 2002, when he was a teenager :D Speaking of Slats, got his new book today. Decent read so far.
Well, I don't know much either, but apparently he's having work done because he chucks it. There's a few other promising pacers around for Australia anyway. Plenty of people rate Mitchell Johnson, for one.

I hope Bird can make it though. Lee, Tait and Bird in one pace attack would be nasty indeed!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Samuel_Vimes said:
If SA ever put out that side, they'd be shot down for racist selections...
what. four coloured players? Doubt it

And don't forget this is 2008 and I hope to see a number of these guys improve.. And in South Africa, it doesnt matter what the makeup of the team is, you always get shot down for making racist selections.. The only thing that changes are the people doing the moaning

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not too sure Dizzy will still be there, I'd say Lee has more chance. He's couple of years younger with far fewer miles on the clock.

I'll have a bash @ England:

1) Strauss *
2) Newman
3) Vaughan
4) Bell
5) Joyce
6) Pietersen
7) Flintoff
8) Prior +
9) Tremlett
10) S. Jones
11) Harmison

Pietersen, of course, will be a world-class off spin bowler by then! :p
As we're only just over a month away from 2008, I thought I'd dig this up to see how close people got. Looks an average call by yours truly there: 4/11 & maybe 5 if Harmy plays.

Pat myself on the back for the Prior shout, but Newman and Joyce were way off. Wish I could remember why I thought Tres wouldn't be there, but can't.

Don't think any of the Aussie teams had Clark, Johnson or Symonds but one or two called Jaques correctly.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya

Maurice Ouma
David Obuya
Alex Obanda
Steve Tikolo*
Tanmay Mishra/ Collins Obuya/ possibly Ken Migai depending on availability
Thomas Odoyo
Jimmy Kamande
Nehemiah Odhiambo
Peter Ongondo
Elijah Otieno
Hiren Varaiya

....either opener could be keeping wicket

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1. AB De Villiers
2. GC Smith
3. HH Gibbs
4. JH Kallis
5. VB van Jaarsveld
6. E Nkwe
7. MV Boucher
8. T Tshalabala
9. M Zondeki
10. D Steyn
11. Q Friend
Haha, not far off on the top-order, once you get past four it's two out of seven. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cant really see him playing in 3 years
Fit as a bull. Lives for cricket. Hell, I reckon he will make another Ashes tour. Put it this way - he won't voluntarily walk away from his beloved Baggy Green. This is a man who shead tears when the team song was handed over to him to perform. The man who describes Lords as something that "lifts you up and gives you a big bear hug, and slap on the back, like an old grandfather who you havent seen for a while." Loves his cricket!
Cant really see him playing in 3 years
To tell you the truth, I can. He eats cricket and will play on as long as possible - I guess whether he'll still be in the side by then is up for conjecture.
Hmm... :)

How much of "was about to be pushed" feeling was there for Langer? All his career he seemed to me to be only 2 or 3 bad games away from having his place questioned.