• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Preditct national side in 2008

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
M Trescothick
A Strauss
M Vaughan*
I Bell
K Pietersen
A Flintoff
G Jones+
M Hoggard
S Jones
S Harmison
C Tremlett

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
he he thats a bit of a wishful selection, he's a leggie that plays for Lancashire second XI, he can bat a bit and has always bowled pretty well in the seconds but has Keedy in front of him so he can't get a game

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hmmm intresting idea, i might keep a look on him, sounds like might be worth following his progress, mind you keedy could be in that side....you never know...unlikely as it maybe, funny if it turns out to be schofield :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
erm no

it is a shame that the spinner has to be able to bat tho. Keeds would be in the reckoning then, Marshall i do think he has a future, everyone at Lancs seems to have a good impression of him, not a primadonna like Schofield

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
1. AB De Villiers
2. GC Smith
3. HH Gibbs
4. JH Kallis
5. VB van Jaarsveld
6. E Nkwe
7. MV Boucher
8. T Tshalabala
9. M Zondeki
10. D Steyn
11. Q Friend
If SA ever put out that side, they'd be shot down for racist selections...

Nasser Hussian.
Vikram Solanki
Owais Shah.
Aftab Habib.
Usman Afzaal.
Sajid Mahmood.
James Foster.
Kabir Ali.
Ronnie Irani.
Chris Schofield.
Min Patel.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Shane Warne said:
Nasser Hussian.
Vikram Solanki
Owais Shah.
Aftab Habib.
Usman Afzaal.
Sajid Mahmood.
James Foster.
Kabir Ali.
Ronnie Irani.
Chris Schofield.
Min Patel.
You forget Rikki Clarke at eight... :happy:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
I already have enough all rounders.

Besides Clarke doesn't have the right look to represent his country.
I don't know - he's only marginally uglier than (insert any Australian name here)

Monty

U19 Cricketer
howardj said:
Mate, you're not listening. Look at his FC record in AUSTRALIA (the toughest domestic cricket in the world). He got dropped last summer. He has had one season of good cricket out here. In 2008 he will be 31/32. If you think he will play Test cricket for Australia in 2008, then good luck to you. But, on the balance of probabilities, he will not.
this is his stats from 03/04 AUSSIE DOMESTIC SEASON
Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St Team
11 16 2 857 212* 61.21 69.84 4 2 9 - VIC
humm yeah thats major under preforming

he had one bad season havent you ever had a bad season