• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best batsman currently available to England?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
tooextracool said:
except that hes not currently available. and michael atherton cleared up any misunderstandings that people may have had about whos fault it was that thorpe retired in this piece:
http://sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...231.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/07/31/ixcrick.html
Interesting. Seems I owe Graham a bit of an apology. I thought the timing of his announcement (coming as it did after our capitulation in the first innings) had more than a hint of the "eff you" about it.

Very badly managed tho & a shoddy way to treat the best English batter of the last decade. Whatever his off-field probs have been, his on-field exploits merited far, far better.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
It is actualy very hard too say who Englands best batsman is. Vaughan hasnt really performed since becoming captain and obviously thorpe who wad the best is gone so id be tempted too say Strauss i think it is a little ealry too say pieterson

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
i'm sure John himself would argue against that, i always wished our sports hall was named after him and not Atherton in any case

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
IMO the current English batting line-up is the best they have right now. I guess Pommy fans were expecting too much from this series and had real high hopes and that's the reason for this dissapointment.

Dont worry, playing with australia does that to you. You are still the second best test team in the world.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Sanz said:
IMO the current English batting line-up is the best they have right now. I guess Pommy fans were expecting too much from this series and had real high hopes and that's the reason for this dissapointment.

Dont worry, playing with australia does that to you. You are still the second best test team in the world.
Im sorry i must have slipped into a coma and missed a few months. As i was under the impression only 1 match had been played and not all 5.