• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

childhood madness?

nibbs

International Captain
after the 1992 world cup, a friend of mine came into posession of a match ball. not long after we played cricket with it in his backyard. was this disrespectful? i'm sure to be honest

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Yeah ... that was very smart ... 8-) You could have made some serious cash on E-bay .... there goes your chance to make some easy cash and have a comfortable life (OK a comfortable week maybe) ,and you just blew it. :@

King_Ponting

International Regular
nibbs said:
after the 1992 world cup, a friend of mine came into posession of a match ball. not long after we played cricket with it in his backyard. was this disrespectful? i'm sure to be honest
Two words

Stupid Idiot

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chipmonk said:
Yeah ... that was very smart ... 8-) You could have made some serious cash on E-bay .... there goes your chance to make some easy cash and have a comfortable life (OK a comfortable week maybe) ,and you just blew it. :@
I have this bridge you might like to buy. It's got towers at each end and goes up and down in the middle....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, that was smashed in 1987 in the Batman cartoon-film by someone-or-other's deadly ray.

C_C

International Captain
Its just a ball....makes more sense to use it than worship it.
FYI, i used to wear my baseball cap, signed by Tendulkar, McGrath, Viv, Agassi and Roberto Baggio 4 days every week for tennis.......for afterall,its a CAP!
:p :p

C_C

International Captain
Richard said:
When on Earth did you get a cap signed by Roberto Baggio? :blink:
Lived in Italy for a while.
And i didnt get a cap signed by Baggio...i took a cap to him(which already had a few of the abovementioned ones' autographs) and he signed my cap.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I've got an old cricket bat (GN powerdrive) thats was used by Beefy and Viv Richards.. I've played with it a few times, don't think it's disrespectful or anything!

nibbs said:
BUUURRRRRP.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
A mate of mine uses a collector's item for his bat. Its a Slazenger and has something to do with Bradman. Anyway, he has been using it for a long time and says that its a perfectly good bat - still, I wouldn't go around using a bat like that.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Sir Redman said:
A mate of mine uses a collector's item for his bat. Its a Slazenger and has something to do with Bradman..
Did he hit some Catholics over the head with it or summat?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
C_C said:
Lived in Italy for a while.
And i didnt get a cap signed by Baggio...i took a cap to him(which already had a few of the abovementioned ones' autographs) and he signed my cap.
Well obviously...