Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 284

Thread: Who is better- Lara or Tendulkar?

  1. #31
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,932
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Currently Lara.
    Overall nothing to split them IMO.
    true that, not worth comparing them if you ask me.

  2. #32
    Banned Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    20,793
    Lara but I will wait on a final judgement before both their careers are over.

  3. #33
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    give us a good reason to say that hes not.
    one good reason is that Lara has the ability to play match-winning innings (in test matches), where has Tendulkar has chocked when he has had the oppurtunity to to do so. Chennai 99 is a perfect example of this.

    Secondly even though both are among the most consistent batsmen of all time, when Lara gets a hundred he really hurts the opposition with some massive scores, where has Sachin may get a hundred and not really destroy the opposition...

  4. #34
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,932
    how can you say he wont destroy the opposition, how many times has lara choked ? probs about the same as sach, to suggest that tendulkar cant play a match winning innings is ridiculous.


  5. #35
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    how can you say he wont destroy the opposition, how many times has lara choked ? probs about the same as sach, to suggest that tendulkar cant play a match winning innings is ridiculous.
    i never said he cant but he in his career he never has, and with reference to the fact that he wont destroy, Tendulkar would get a century and wont really go and and really hurt an opposition has Lara does, but he is super consistent but not as destructive has Lara.

  6. #36
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,932
    er, yes he is, perhaps not at the moment, but in the condition he is in very few people could compete at that level. Tendulkar has played many a match winning innings aussie, ask any of the indians on here.

  7. #37
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    i'm not talking about innings that may have been the standout performance in an indian victory, i am more refering to an innings similar to Lara's 153 not out, he has none of those...

  8. #38
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    kingsclere
    Posts
    575
    of course Tendulkar can hurt the opposition!!!! the mere fact he scores so many runs shows tha he is a very atacking player and if you dont think he strikes fear into the hearts of opoisition you really dont have a clue

  9. #39
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by kendall
    of course Tendulkar can hurt the opposition!!!! the mere fact he scores so many runs shows tha he is a very atacking player and if you dont think he strikes fear into the hearts of opoisition you really dont have a clue
    oh yes i do, when Lara broke the world record last year and during the last Australian home season Ian Chappel said that one of the main reasons he rates Lara ahead of Tendulkar is because when oppositon bowlers bowls to Tendulkar (in test matches) during his hay days you knew that he was going to make runs & probably get to a hundred but he would give you a chance as soon has he gets to a hundred so the probability of Sachin really carrying on a destroying the opposition is erased.

    With Lara now when he gets to a Hundred he just goes on and on and scores big which is showed by his 7 doble hundreds (i think), so that fear factor would be more evident in oppostion bowlers when they bowl to Lara.
    Copy right Ian Chappel

  10. #40
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,932
    right.....so because ian chappel says lara is better surely cant mean that anything other than that can possibly be right, how is the probability if sachin getting hundreds erased? he nearly got one against pakistan in the first test.

  11. #41
    School Boy/Girl Captain Hanuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    one good reason is that Lara has the ability to play match-winning innings (in test matches), where has Tendulkar has chocked when he has had the oppurtunity to to do so. Chennai 99 is a perfect example of this.

    Secondly even though both are among the most consistent batsmen of all time, when Lara gets a hundred he really hurts the opposition with some massive scores, where has Sachin may get a hundred and not really destroy the opposition...

    which is exactly why lara is superior.

    + anyone that could actually force west indians into a debate about viv richards must be special.

  12. #42
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    kingsclere
    Posts
    575
    Surley if a batsman has got too a hundred then a lot of damage has already been done?

  13. #43
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    right.....so because ian chappel says lara is better surely cant mean that anything other than that can possibly be right, how is the probability if sachin getting hundreds erased? he nearly got one against pakistan in the first test.
    i'm not stating my argument on just what Chappel said, he has made much sense... & i think u missed the point their sledger, i didn't say the probability of Sachin getting a hundred is erased i am saying (or ian chappell is saying ) that when sachin gets to a hundred he doesn't always carry on to make big hundreds like Lara does.

    Btw since we have been arguing over this, who do you think is better

  14. #44
    School Boy/Girl Captain Hanuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    140
    not if the batsman is in a kp situation.

  15. #45
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by kendall
    Surley if a batsman has got too a hundred then a lot of damage has already been done?
    yes. but if his fellow batsmen dont score heavily it wont do much damage to the opposition has was the case with Slater at the SCG 6 years ago or Lara in Antigua 6 years ago as well....

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. good article on lara v. tendulkar
    By Bapu Rao Swami in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
  2. lara vs tendulkar
    By thehellraiser in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: 30-11-2007, 08:54 AM
  3. Tendulkar Vs Lara
    By Zeke in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 03:19 PM
  4. The Beach Cricket World Cup 2003 (story)
    By Samuel_Vimes in forum General
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 30-11-2003, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •