• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Star

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Emcee said:
In the slightly longer term, people are speaking about Moises Henriques as a massive prospect for Australia.
If he can keep his body together.
kenny44 said:
Non-suspect bowling action? ;)
The onte thing you can't say about Tait is that he's got a suspect action - with the naked eye, anyway.

simmy

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
James Hildreth, he's bound to get a chance for England fairly early in his career playing at Somerset (great batting wicket makes those averages look good) and also being a southern ponce helps getting in the England team as well (notice how England's pace bowling is so strong - because 3 of them are northerners and the other is Welsh - then you look at the openers and Bell).

Edit: and Giles of course, reversing onto the stumps the big girl's blouse.
Northeners are fat, stupid and have their "benefits" paid for by the South. But Bumble did come from Lancs so I will let you off. :p

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Tait is a pretty good prosepct, dunno how long it will be till he gets a run in the team though.

Moises is still only 17 or 18 - wait and see how he goes when he gets a run for NSW

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
As far us Under 19 players are concerned definitely Moises Henriques and Phil Wells from NSW.

And from QLD Grahame Skennar.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I think Ross Taylor or Jesse Ryder have more starlike qualities than Jamie How, who stagnated after a good start to last season.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree, haven't seen a lot of Ryder but his stats are impressive. Taylor on the other hand has really impressed me, he seems to just effortlessly hit the ball so hard. I'll always remember his innings at Pukekura Park, sure its a small ground but those were some big hits. Seemed to have an average 2004/2005 but I'm sure he'll bounce back.

howardj

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Tait is the one I'm most confident about.
With Tait, I don't think Lee's resurgence will do his career prospects any good. I would have no problems with it, but I bet they don't pick Tait and Lee in the same team. Or, if they do, they do it very reluctantly.

kenny44

Cricket Spectator
Voltman said:
I think Ross Taylor or Jesse Ryder have more starlike qualities than Jamie How, who stagnated after a good start to last season.
Ross Taylor so far reminds me a bit of Craig Spearman - heaps of talent, but lack of concentration after a decent start.

Havn't seen much of Ryder.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
With Tait, I don't think Lee's resurgence will do his career prospects any good. I would have no problems with it, but I bet they don't pick Tait and Lee in the same team. Or, if they do, they do it very reluctantly.
I dunno, sounds like a fairly formidable opening pair to me if both were bowling as well as they are capable of bowling. Either way, I think provided there isn't a huge form slump Tait will be picked immediately when McGrath retires, if that's soon.