• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's the worst umpire on the ICC elite panel?

I remember he kept giving Giles wickets in Sri Lanka.

He got about 5 in the innings and 4 of them should have been not out.

It was ricockulous.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
we talking about the worst umpire presently or the worst u have ever seen on the panel????

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well presnetly i am not sure, if asoka desila is still on the paneli'd say him. But the worst ever is another sri lankan in B.C.Cooray all english fans will remember his horrible decision when england were their in 2001 :dry:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
But the worst ever is another sri lankan in B.C.Cooray all english fans will remember his horrible decision when england were their in 2001 :dry:
To be fair, he made alot of bad decisions out there, fairly evenly spread between the teams

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
mat umpire debut
102 SA Bucknor 1988/89
64 DB Hair 1991/92
63 RE Koertzen 1992/93
51 DJ Harper 1998/99
27 BF Bowden 1999/00
26 SJA Taufel 2000/01
21 Aleem Dar 2003/04

smaller than i thought it was, Tiffin and Asoka were the worst when they were on it no i would say that they are all pretty good umpires

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne said:
What was it?
well i should add peter manuel in the 1st test off that series he gave stewart out LBW off Jayasuriya to a ball that pitch way outside leg when himself & Tres were batting well & then lead to a slide in the england batting line-up.

With Cooray now his decison were againts ENG & SRI, he gave Jayasuriya out caught at slip off Caddick of a ball that sanath said was a bump ball & for england i remember stewart being caught in close of Murali & blind cooray gave him not out & White was out plumb LBW also off murali & was given not out........

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bucknor has been poor a lot of what I have seen of him in the past two years. Among the elite atm, he looks worst based on that.

Over his career, though, Bucknor has been excellent.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Bucknor has been poor a lot of what I have seen of him in the past two years. Among the elite atm, he looks worst based on that.

Over his career, though, Bucknor has been excellent.
yea i think Bucknor should follow shep now & retire

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowden is the worst, hes strange and brings something different to the game, but as far as making decisions go he just gets it wrong too often for my liking...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
age_master said:
mat umpire debut
102 SA Bucknor 1988/89
64 DB Hair 1991/92
63 RE Koertzen 1992/93
51 DJ Harper 1998/99
27 BF Bowden 1999/00
26 SJA Taufel 2000/01
21 Aleem Dar 2003/04

smaller than i thought it was, Tiffin and Asoka were the worst when they were on it no i would say that they are all pretty good umpires
Out of that list, I'd say the worst are Bowden ande Bucknor. The rest are dependable, and I think Aleem Dar is the best right now.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Bucknor is getting past it now IMO. Also, Hair makes some totally erroneous decisions. I wonder sometimes if he's paid off or something.