• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slowest score

Monty

U19 Cricketer
what is the slowest score you have ever got
i made 17 in 2 1/2 hours of batting on a dodgy out field

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
16 in 2 sessions trying to save a semi final, was a small field so it was tough to restrain myself...

Swervy

International Captain
Monty said:
what is the slowest score you have ever got
i made 17 in 2 1/2 hours of batting on a dodgy out field
one of our batsmen last year opened the batting for and batted all the way through the 40 overs and ended on 7*..we finished on 47-6 I top scored with 18 in 3 overs...which gives an idea of how slow everyone else batted

A couple of years ago, we were batting for a draw, and our keeper batted 30 overs and was out for a duck

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Monty said:
is 17 in 2 1/2 bad?
too make it worse i am an opener
depends on the conditions and situation, if u need to save a game scoring 15 in a day is much better than scoring 50 in half an hour...

King_Ponting

International Regular
Monty said:
is 17 in 2 1/2 bad?
too make it worse i am an opener
Depnds how long the grass was in the outfield i suppose. Knee high grass would give ya an excuse.... and depends on whether u were deprived of strike and the condition of the game

Monty

U19 Cricketer
the grass was about an inch above the ankle and it was super muddy walking on the grass you would sink about an inch

Monty

U19 Cricketer
but it was good to bowl on best figures with me leggies 2 wickets for 4 runs off 4 overs

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
13 in 2 partnerships of all togheter 130 runs(1 partnership 80 other 50)
i was number 7 and number 8 was the only real hard hitting batsman. we had like 35 overs left. so all the time in the world.
freaky fact: of those 13 runs 2 were fours and 1 was a 2. :P i just blocked, walked extras. and ran every hard for the two's and im absolutely not a defensive batsman. as my fastest score is 32 of 8 overs in a 60 run partnership.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm generally a very defensive lower-order batsman, although I was a bit impatient last season, which resulted in me making virtually no runs. Some notable defensive performances:

12* off about 20 overs (I was opening on this occasion... carried my bat :wacko:)

28 off 27 overs (this included a six as well...)

30* off 25 overs (carried bat)

Three runs in a 48-run tenth-wicket stand (ended up with 22* off about 70 balls)

20 runs in a 110-run ninth-wicket stand (other batsman made 127, but we still lost - all out for 274 chasing 330 - I was last man out for 24)

0 off 24 balls

For the record, my fastest double-figure score is 22 off 15, so yeh, i'm not very aggressive. I tend to be very aggressive with my running between wickets however, although I am not usually the one scoring the runs.

My CW Blue batting career mirrors my real-life batting very closely actually (so does the bowling, for that matter) - batting down the order, holding up one end, scoring slowly and collecting a lot of not-outs. :happy:

Last edited:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Slowest innings strike-rate wise would probably be a 40 odd in a 20 over game last year, on a really bad wicket, coming in in the 32nd or 3rd over and getting out in the penultimate one, longest innings would probably be a 28* batting for a draw a couple of years back.

cpr

International Coach
4 off 18 balls (ball 13 a boundary).... thats the best i can do

I dont do defensive, i'm much too inclined to hit out....

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I can't do slow batting - only when I'm not good enough to score runs do I bat slowly, and it's never because I'm trying to! My slowest innings is a 25-ball 5.

However, my opening partner for the last 3 seasons has made an 88-ball 41, a 40-ball 4, a 26-ball 1, and a couple of 15-ball ducks this season.