• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Few Questions on cricket

rsvedula

Cricket Spectator
Hi,

I got few questions on cricket rules and I hope you can clarify my questions.

I play for a league in IOWA,USA. We had a small problem in our regular matches when one of our bowlers just knocked the bails while he is bowling as the runner was not in his crease. He did not bowl the ball. I want to know if this is considered out according to cricket rules.

“15. Bowler attempting to run out non-striker before delivery
The bowler is permitted, before entering his delivery stride, to attempt to run out the non-striker. The ball shall not count in the over.”

Is this rule in cricket laws and if it is, is the non-striker out?
The batsman was out of crease and the umpire said that it was taken out from ICC rules.

The next question is one of our bowlers took a three wickets in four balls, but one ball was a wide. Is this a hat trick or not?

I hope you can answer my questions.

Thanks,

Ramsudhakar Vedula