• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Come

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
when i bowl on my grass lawn i can get a ball to spin and bounce heaps yet in the nets I get little spin. how much will it spin in a game??

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Your lawn is a trampoline? :blink:

No idea how much it would spin... something only you can answer. :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Usually on a grass lawn it'll get some help from bumps in the ground....for instance there's a spot in my back garden that if i pitch it on the ball will go from outside off stump to leg stump with a bit of finger spin.
I've found that nets in my experience generally don't spin that well unless you do some wrist spin balls or really rip a finger spin ball. I don't know why this is exactly though.
On the actual pitch the amount of spin is somewhere between these two, depending of course of what the pitch is like - a dry pitch with cracks + bumps = good for spinning whereas a green pitch = not as much.

hope that helps a bit :happy: