• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I think Aus should play Warne and Macgill in tandem as of now?

Gillespie didn't do anything again, and it isn't as though Kaspa looks particularly frightening of late on this tour.

Macgill has had success against England in the past although granted not so much on the last Ashes tour. It's pretty obvious England still look suspect against this type of bowling and I wouldn't just wait for the Old Trafford and Oval tests before bowling them both together.

I think the greater turn of Macgill, combined with his good googlys might have a shock value. Like Warnes slider it way well cause alot of problems because it's a delivery England aren't used to since Warne doesn't bowl it.

The two of them also have had good recent success when operating in the same side. Even if one doesn't fire, invariably the other one has a very good match.

PY

International Coach
Couldn't this have been put in the Ashes thread like most people have managed so far but you don't seem to have grasped?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
you could have put this arguement up in the ashes thread mate, it would make things easier....

That's what I did now.

And yet another old fart was p1ssing and moaning about that too.

No coincidence that they're all English and are banging their heads against their moniters because their desperate rain dances didn't pay off.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Macgill will come in for the 3rd test they reakon, the 2nd will be better for the quicks, that said, Macgill is a bigger turner than Warne so you never know.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Macgill won't play until there's a real turner at Old Trafford. If they wish to drop Gillespie, which I don't think they do, they'll bring in Kasprowicz.

I'd love to see Tait get a go, but he won't.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Macgill won't play until there's a real turner at Old Trafford. If they wish to drop Gillespie, which I don't think they do, they'll bring in Kasprowicz.

I'd love to see Tait get a go, but he won't.
I agree.

I think they'll adopt the "dont change a winning team" philosophy and point to the fact that Gillespie only bowled 12 overs.

MacGill should play a test or two but history shows that Warne is more effective without him so dont expect changes overnight.

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
it doesnt matter if warne isnt as effective. Its just that MacGill usually gets more wickets then warne when they are together which isnt a bad thing for the team

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Lyell_Chris said:
i think aussie, nz and enlish selecters r to soft atm, NZ is paying for it and england will in the ashes
sorry but i have no idea about what you just said. :mellow:

howardj

International Coach
PY said:
Couldn't this have been put in the Ashes thread like most people have managed so far but you don't seem to have grasped?
No, I'd prefer it if new threads are created for different issues. Personally I hate it how people want everything Ashes, lumped into one big thread. Fair enough, the discussion of the goings-on in a particular match should be kept in one thread, but not all issues to do with the Ashes. It's one of the glaring weaknesses of this forum.

Last edited: