• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If it rains all day they should schedule in an extra day at the end or

It stopped raining about an hour ago.

I think the umpires are deliberately trying to wait for it to start again, so England get a draw.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Shane Warne said:

I think the umpires are deliberately trying to wait for it to start again, so England get a draw.
Nah i dont think so mate. You have to leave time for the ground drainage to kick in. As i do not know how heavily it has rained in england, but i assume alot, then we could be looking at quite the delay

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne said:

Mate, barely any time has actually been lost so far. It's only been 4 and a half hours, and we're likely to get one long session, so you can give one hour of that to lunch and tea, and another half hour extension today, early start tomorrow, and late finish tomorrow. England will still have to bat for at least 120 or 130 overs to save the game from here, which is bloody difficult, and they'd probably have a better chance of winning it. I'd wait a little while before panicing and blaming the umpires.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It stopped raining around 2.30pm UK time but was still very overcast although a watery sun has appeared. If there is no more rain there could be a couple of hours play. But it could rain again at any time which would be Goodnight Irene for the day.

They should probably have built a roof overnight and played under that or failing that move the game indoors or maybe award the game to Australia on the basis that the UK is nearer to the North Pole. The fact that none of these options has been taken lends much credence to the argument that the umpires are doing all in their power to prevent an Australian win.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Lillian Thomson said:
They should probably have built a roof overnight and played under that or failing that move the game indoors or maybe award the game to Australia on the basis that the UK is nearer to the North Pole. The fact that none of these options has been taken lends much credence to the argument that the umpires are doing all in their power to prevent an Australian win.
Definently 8-)

They should be able to play for as long as the light permits today, to make up for the lost time.

There shouldn't be a cut off time.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It should be a condition of entry to the ground that all spectators bring candles to be lit to enable play to go irrespective of the light until Australia win.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
How was I pwn3d?

Also, I haven't run crying, you can still find me posting in the Ashes thread.
Oh, all right then.

So when does the selection committee meet, and when's Ed Joyce available?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne said:
Don't be silly.

But there should be floodlights. That's what they are made for. 8-)
Yes and when it rains the floodlights prevent the outfield from getting wet, enabling play to continue.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:

Well, that kind of comment's about as silly as it gets. You always cease to amaze me.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm fairly new to this forum so could someone tell me if "shane warne" actually believes what he writes or is he just a troll talking crap to incite comment?

Lillian Thomson said:
I'm fairly new to this forum so could someone tell me if "shane warne" actually believes what he writes or is he just a troll talking crap to incite comment?
I firmly do believe it, stop trying to get me in trouble please sir.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I know some farmers out here wouldn't mind that sort of weather.
Actually, it's too late for them now.

The hot weather means an early harvest, so that means any rain now will damage crops.

Or so my country-living firend told me today as we drove back to hers.