• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"The almighty Flintoff" and "the below test standard Lee"

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
zinzan12 said:
It seems kind of ironic that after all the hype about the mighty "Flintoff" in the lead up to the ashes and the incredible talking down of Brett lee and his ability at test level that it is Lee that comes out of this First test with a good amount of credit as opposed to Flintoff whose performance was below par.

Admittedly its only the first test, but apart from out foxing Gilchrist, Flintoffs bowling in the conditions was disappointing. He went for around 5 an over in the 2nd innings. Not to mention his total of 3 runs in 2 innings with the bat.

I know its only early days in the series, but I can't imagine Flintoff's confidence is sky high, whereas I think Lee will only get more confidence.

Haven't heard much from the likes of Marc and TEC on Flintoff and Lee's performance so far, I'm interested to read their reactions

Whoops....almost forgot to mention the dolly Flintoff put down at slip and Lee's great caught and bowled.

Oh the irony !!! :D :D :p
:tongue: :laugh: :lol: spoke too soon.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
In what sense? All he said was that Lee played well in the first test and Flintoff didn't. Pretty accurate if you ask me.
And he was man enough to admit that he was proved wrong in the second test - on the condition that Flintoff does it consistently. As opposed to a lot of other people around CC...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SpeedKing said:
:tongue: :laugh: :lol: spoke too soon.
Not at all !!!! Read the thread again ....It was an assessment of the 1st test ...NOT the 2nd

I have since replied with my assessment of the 2nd test. Reading not your strong point aye??

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
Not at all !!!! Read the thread again ....It was an assessment of the 1st test ...NOT the 2nd

I have since replied with my assessment of the 2nd test. Reading not your strong point aye??
If you'd have left it at that, you would have won the argument - but you then included the implication that Lee would be feeling sky-high (and getting even more confident) whilst Flintoff's chin would be scraping along the floor, and that really confused everyone.

I know its only early days in the series, but I can't imagine Flintoff's confidence is sky high, whereas I think Lee will only get more confidence