• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ cricket is so pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie00

Cricket Spectator
They are poor in both talent and skill. no amount of hard work will get that 1974 Gemini with 400 000 km's on the clock known as bond back on the park, he is dead, forget it.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
We'll see how brilliant Australia is in two years, by which time all their stars should have retired. i.e. Warne, McGrath, Martin, Langer, Hayden, Gillcrist, and possibly Gillespie (due to injury). Those losses would cripple any team.

At least NZ has many promising players coming through - under the age of 28.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Somebody had to say it
... he said with a smile.

Wasn't meaning to be hostile. I just feel that NZ cricket is in a poor state and don't look like improving greatly any time soon IMO. I have a few friends who are from NZ and they feel the same way - the team, support, etc.

In relation to Australian cricket, crowds are at an all-time high and TV ratings are good. Even if Aus suffer with impending retirements, I feel Australian cricket will still be in a healthy state overall.

shaka

International Regular
The reason for lowish crowds is that in NZ cricket is not tne main sport, Rugby is, whereas afaik cricket is the number 1 sport in Australia. we have many up and comers who are very promising to replace the "retirees" in the future. So I would not worry about the state of the game here in NZ

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
shaka said:
The reason for lowish crowds is that in NZ cricket is not tne main sport, Rugby is, whereas afaik cricket is the number 1 sport in Australia. we have many up and comers who are very promising to replace the "retirees" in the future. So I would not worry about the state of the game here in NZ
I'll take your word for it then ... Auckland is a better viewpoint than Sydney :p

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Your friends are poorly informed.

Even from Australia I believe NZ has more promising talent coming through than any time since the late 70's. They just need a chance to displace leeches like McMillan.

Yes, I have been constantly disappointed with the hords of mediocre players produced by the NZ cricket scene over the last two decades.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Mind you, I rate NZ as a one-day team. the way everyone contribute suits the shorter form of the game.

However, Test cricket is the true test of skill, mental toughness, etc. Hopefully Hamish Marshall can lead a revival of NZ cricket

King_Ponting

International Regular
i dont get it. How come u shut the duplicate neil but u leave this open? If it is flamebait surely close both?

Status
Not open for further replies.