• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Standard of Bowling Today

King_Ponting

International Regular
Sir Redman said:
That's been our mentality for the last 2 years..."it could have been so different if we had Bond"

He has said that if something goes wrong this time then he's calling it quits.
Twould be a great loss for NZ if that situation eventuated

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clarence said:
Um, I'm a good bowler.
Lol, best post in this thread!

I think we've all discussed how poor the current standard of bowling is. Its quite depressing to talk about sometimes. :(

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Redman said:
For the sake of having a Kiwi in there, how about Martin Crowe?

From other countries...Border played into the nineties didn't he? Gatting maybe?
Yeah, both those players played in the 90s, but I don't think of them as 90s players so much as 80s players personally, based on when their peaks were. Only three great batsmen made their names in the 90s, in an era of quite a number of bowler friendly wickets and many excellent bowlers. In this decade so far, more great batsmen like Dravid, Ponting, Kallis etc have made their names, while only McGrath, Warne, Pollock (maybe) and Murali have really dominated with the ball. I'm sure by the end of the decade we will have a few more bowlers we really rate, and maybe pitches will have a little bit more in them in the future as well. These things come and go.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well its simple other than Australia's attack, other sides bowling attacks are quite dull (no desrespect to my fellow englishmen :D ). Has you said the only superb bowlers around now are: McGrath, Warne, Murali & Pollock (but even him is fading of late)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sir Redman said:
For the sake of having a Kiwi in there, how about Martin Crowe?

From other countries...Border played into the nineties didn't he? Gatting maybe?
I think Gatt would be very flattered to be considered an all-time great! Goochie from the late 80s to the beginning of the 90s was genuinely world class, maybe not quite an all-time great (his overall average is about 42 and a half, which doesn't do him justice at all), but he's bordering on it (pardon the pun).