• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Poor India their struggles continue what a change in fortunes since they left Pakistan in 2004.....

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has anyone else noticed the NZ'ers taking the Piiss and mis-pronouncing their names on those little T.V video introductions when they come at to bat??

Its quite a crack-up

Chubb

International Regular
Fantastic performance from Zimbabwe. I don't know how much it has to do with skill or the opposition's failings as an OD side, but seriously good bowling from Ireland, Streak and the rest of ther guys today to exploit India's lack of confidence. I share Prince's concerns about the substitute- racial selection at its most blatant. Bring back Barney!

Chubb

International Regular
interesting to see Gavin Ewing, a guy who was expelled from the CFX Academy for being too fat, take an athletic diving catch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hes in the squad though.

racial selection at its most blatant.
I used ot think that, but Im not so sure about it anymore. I think its just BAD selection. Not only are there batsmen better than Vusi, but there are a number of black batsmen better than Vusi, so its not all just based on race. Mupariwa should have been in the squad, but he isnt. Matsikenyeri is better than some of which were chosen, and I can only hope that Rogers is injured.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chubb said:
interesting to see Gavin Ewing, a guy who was expelled from the CFX Academy for being too fat, take an athletic diving catch.
Hes always been renowned as a good fielder off his own bowling though. Fat and even unfit people can still dive and take good catches.

Chubb

International Regular
Prince EWS said:
Hes in the squad though.

I used ot think that, but Im not so sure about it anymore. I think its just BAD selection. Not only are there batsmen better than Vusi, but there are a number of black batsmen better than Vusi, so its not all just based on race. Mupariwa should have been in the squad, but he isnt. Matsikenyeri is better than some of which were chosen, and I can only hope that Rogers is injured.
You are right, Matsikenyeri is better than Sibanda, maybe Vusi's got some connections or something. I suppose you would drop Waddy for Tawanda?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chubb said:
You are right, Matsikenyeri is better than Sibanda, maybe Vusi's got some connections or something. I suppose you would drop Waddy for Tawanda?
Mwayenga is a disgrace IMO. For those who havent seen his action, consider yourselves lucky.

Chubb

International Regular
I've seen his action, and his total lack of accuracy and pace, when Zimbabwe played Somerset in 2003.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chubb said:
I've seen his action, and his total lack of accuracy and pace, when Zimbabwe played Somerset in 2003.
I have complete confidence in saying that Marcus Trescothick is a superior bowler.

Chubb

International Regular
Prince EWS said:
I have complete confidence in saying that Marcus Trescothick is a superior bowler.
Hah! Yes, most probably.

226 is the target and it's definately gettable, but Taylor, Carlisle and Masakadza have to get good runs. If it comes down to it, Blignaut and Streak could get ten-an-over when they are in. Don't forget Chappie Coventry either. oh, and...

Vusi Sibanda...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It has been mentioned in some circles that this match is the "clash of the minnows" !!

How the mighty have fallen ? Where does point the finger ? What happened India ?

Puts one off the game. :@

shaka

International Regular
Streak had very good figures 1/32 in his 10 overs. Gettable total for Zimbabwe, unless they play really stupid shots.