• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
sportychic33 said:
i visit every day, but don't normally post and hardly go near off topic
well start posting & go near OT, but has u said lets get back to cricket.

007(Shane Bond) is back & he's here to say :D :notworthy

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Well thank Christ for that. The rest of our bowling attack were completely lacking in penetration once Bond was taken off and I was really starting to sweat there. If we had lost that game Fleming would have had many questions asked of him as to why he took Bond off and then why he waited so long to bring him back.

Credit to Adams, he played a superb supporting role. Vettori bowled some pearlers but for the most part was picked off too easily and Oram and Styris never looked like getting a wicket.

It seems a bit strange to be moaning after bowling a side out for 164 but we really should have nailed them for 50 after that start.

Anyway, in summary: Bond is a legend. That inswinging yorker first ball to Rao was an absolute screamer. Our top order was pathetic, they need to stop planting their front foot down the pitch and playing around their pads. Hamish Marshall has been disappointing, he's looked good every game only to get out before he's got going in a rather innocous way.

I'm not too sure I want to see Bond in the World XI - being a thoroughly selfish Kiwi I don't want him risking injury for other teams.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
cricket player said:
They cannot drop Ireland for sure,because they need good bowlers and he seems to be a good bowler non the less,Rainsford should be picked I think Ewing should be dropped alot of runs he gave away with the bowling and he is their as a bowler so zimbabwe should have no problem dropping him and giving rainsford a chance,
Ewing should not be dropped. His batting looks in good touch (and IMO hes more of a batsman than a bowler... look at his FC record), and he was the only one to bowl decently for the Zim Board XI in the warmup match against New Zealand.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
cricket player said:
Just for taking 6 wickets doesnt make you a legend.
I refer you to here.

Best strike rate in ODI cricket at the moment with the ball - as some a one pointed out earlier in the thread. I believe that was the best bowling by New Zealander in ODI cricket. A record Bond held, anyway.

Bond is almost a mythical man here in New Zealand; everyone believes we're a different team when he's playing.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Macka said:
I refer you to here.

Best strike rate in ODI cricket at the moment with the ball - as some a one pointed out earlier in the thread. I believe that was the best bowling by New Zealander in ODI cricket. A record Bond held, anyway.

Bond is almost a mythical man here in New Zealand; everyone believes we're a different team when he's playing.
Yup. Best average in ODI cricket, too, from any bowler who has sent down more than 1000 balls (which is Cricinfo's standard qualification for the record books).

Bond may not yet be a legend - after all, he's still playing, and isn't what I'd call an "old" cricketer (despite being 30) - but he is statistically the best bowler in ODI history. Which is saying a lot in a time where bowlers are getting worse statistics while the batsmen pile on the runs.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
sportychic33 said:
mox pearl, i wouldn't say that quite yet. oram wasn't that flash with the ball today, but remember he is coming back from injury and has slightly remodelled his technique to make his approach to the crease a bit smoother so he isn't putting extra stress on his back. I think that Oram needs to keep on bowling through this tri-series, and get some hard practice in at the nets to get the ball on the spot like he consistently did before his stress reaction.

Bond has had more bowling practice than Oram, bond bowled in the later rounds of the domestic competition while oram was waiting for his back to heal. Bond also bowled more overs than Oram when they went with the NZC Academy to Brisbane.

It is great to see bondy back and bowling with pace, it makes the bowling attack look much better. Adams is looking suprisingly okay with the ball but am waiting for him to return to normal.

NZ's top order batting was very disappointing, stupid shot by Styris to get out especially when we were trying to rebuild from the loss of the earlier wickets. I would like to see H Marshall get some runs, he has been very disappointing this tour.

Yeah fair enough just seems odd to "test" a new action against india... althou i guess we can lose these games since the final is the one that counts...

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
by the way.. i think mcullum deserves a pay rise... hes always called on to "save" us.. and he does it well. :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Stuff Bondiski.

Almost cameback there, but Bond finished it. New Zealand look like another outfit.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, don`t forget about your comeback with the bat as well! That gave you the chance of winning.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricket player said:
Just for taking 6 wickets doesnt make you a legend.
Reaching 50 ODI wickets at the best average and strike rate in One day history does !!!!!!!

cricket player

International Debutant
zinzan12 said:
Reaching 50 ODI wickets at the best average and strike rate in One day history does !!!!!!!

I would not call Bond a legend He has just started playing international cricket and taking 50 wickets even though at a good strike rate doesnt make you a legend,

A legend is Wasim akram who has taken 400 wickets with a supreme economy rate,Bond will be called a legend 3 years from now. :)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe not a legend of world cricket yet but he's undoubtedly a legend of New Zealand sport.