• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Loony BoB

International Captain
Tim said:
I'd just like to see Butler come through now because he's the other one with pace that would go nicely with the team.

But potentially with this new sub rule, NZ could become very good in the next while.
Who would you drop? He doesn't have the batting to compare with Oram or Cairns, you can't drop Adams or Bond really, either. I don't see why we need him just yet. I don't trust our batting lineup enough to sacrifice a "batting bowler" for a "bowling bowler".

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well lets not say Adams is totally safe...i'd like to see him bowl like this a bit more consistently.

Loony BoB

International Captain
What Adams does have is a better bowling average than Cairns, Oram, Vettori, Butler and Styris. And he's in form. What more could you want from him? If the plumbing ain't broke, don't fix it. No need to mention "if" until something happens. I could as easily say "if" Bond loses form, we could drop him, but nobody is thinking about it right now, eh? :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
MoxPearl said:
so... bond has just come back from injury aswell.. and look at him....
When Bond first came back from injury, he sucked, from what I heard. So yes, Oram will improve. But you might be right in that he should be getting the hang of his new action outside of the international scene... but he's rated as one of the top ten ODI bowlers in the world right now so I can see why he's being played.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Have you not seen Adams at his ordinary best?

There is no way you should be suggesting he's a regular until he picks his consistency up.

Loony BoB

International Captain
And I'm saying give him a chance before you go looking for replacements. Yes, I've seen him at his "ordinary best" - but I've seen Butler do a lot worse.

Code:
AR Adams             33  250.4   12  1283   46  27.89  5-22   2  1  32.6  5.11
IG Butler            15   98.5    1   558   14  39.85  3-41   -  -  42.3  5.64
Before this match. Adams has further improved during this match, obviously.

Current players and their bowling stats. Note that aside from Bond, Adams has the best average and S/R. Hell, only Styris and Vettori have more 4/5 wicket bags than Adams does, so it's not like any of our bowlers can be called big players.

Adams is a much improved player these days. The #1 reason he was actually dropped previously is his attitude, not his ability. He's better in that regard as well.

Adams also is a better batsman and fielder.

Elvi

Cricket Spectator
aussie said:
i saw the ball the 007 bowled Dravid with was 149mph good stuff & his action looks so smooth, gee WI look out :mellow:
Hi Aussie
How come you're able to watch this on the tele? I've got Sky but they're not televising it..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
Anyone remember what Bevan and Bichel did to us.... these two are looking good.
hahaha you have a good memory james :D , but yea Bond should come back now this Yadav bloke & Pathan are looking too sound for NZ's liking.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I wish I could see the action but I'm just looking at Cricinfo text :( These two doing really well though.

Mainly because Adams and Bond aren't bowling...

NZ Warrior

Cricket Spectator
Bond was so bloody awesome!!!!!!! I loved that first over to Ganguly. He surely should have been picked for the World XI one-day team.