• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Taibu and Taylor looking class. Good to see a strong partnership...:)

Taylor for a 100 today...

NZTailender

Wow, Mahwire is a little batting surprise packet.

Pull your finger out Martin ;)

Last edited:

NZTailender

ROFLMAO!!!

61.1 Vettori to Mahwire, one run, driven to long-on and gets his 50!,
Mpofu runs towards him after completing first run, throw towards
keeper and McCullum whips off the bails, Mppofu is in shock, so
this match is over with a drama!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
NZTailender said:
:D That's if Mpofu gets out...otherwise it'll drop :D

WHich he probably will.
Actually, 99 runs divided by 3 would have given him an average of 33 - two higher than Taylor.

What a farce. :mellow:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
nice to Shane Bond back with a bang, now NZ look to have the building of a strong bowling attack for sure now.......

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
aussie said:
nice to Shane Bond back with a bang, now NZ look to have the building of a strong bowling attack for sure now.......
They still need to get rid of Martin. He got hammered by the Zimbabwean tail.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
They still need to get rid of Martin. He got hammered by the Zimbabwean tail.
well its not first time he got some severe tap form Pigeon & Dizzy at the gabba last summer, time to get Tuffey back methinks.........

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't believe NZ keep picking Martin personally, I mean he contributes absolutely nothing with the bat despite him being well into his 31st year - he's obviously done virtually no work whatsoever in the nets and so why would you want someone like that, at that age, who's a mediocre bowler anyway as a fairly regular player in your national team?

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Scaly piscine said:
I can't believe NZ keep picking Martin personally, I mean he contributes absolutely nothing with the bat despite him being well into his 31st year - he's obviously done virtually no work whatsoever in the nets and so why would you want someone like that, at that age, who's a mediocre bowler anyway as a fairly regular player in your national team?
Consistency in selection.

His record points to putting in the odd good performance. There is simply no one else with any experience to slot in the test bowling line-up. I, along with a couple others (on this forum anyway) am an advocate of Daryl Tuffey's re-selection. Bond and Tuffey, with Martin/Franklin, Oram and Vettori is a useful bowling attack. If they bring back Tuffey, Franklin should take Martin's place. He has youth on his side.. and is a more dangerous bowler than Martin.

His batting is completely and utterly irrelevant. I was going to suggest asking Glenn McGrath, but apparently he is the world's most prolific number 11.

Thats like suggesting you shouldn't select Marcus Trescothick, because he offers nothing with the ball.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AndrewM said:
Consistency in selection.

His record points to putting in the odd good performance. There is simply no one else with any experience to slot in the test bowling line-up. I, along with a couple others (on this forum anyway) am an advocate of Daryl Tuffey's re-selection. Bond and Tuffey, with Martin/Franklin, Oram and Vettori is a useful bowling attack. If they bring back Tuffey, Franklin should take Martin's place. He has youth on his side.. and is a more dangerous bowler than Martin.

His batting is completely and utterly irrelevant. I was going to suggest asking Glenn McGrath, but apparently he is the world's most prolific number 11.

Thats like suggesting you shouldn't select Marcus Trescothick, because he offers nothing with the ball.
Of course there's no one else with any experience because they haven't picked them in the first place, consistently selecting someone who's old and rubbish will just mean NZ will continue to be useless in the present and the future. If NZ pick a 20-21 year old instead at least they could pay dividends in the future - Martin in 5 years time could be even worse (if that's possible). Also Franklin should be miles ahead of Martin in any selection (who is better in just about every way I can think of). To say of Martin 'his batting is completely and utterly irrelevant' is stupid in the extreme and it's nothing like suggesting you shouldn't select Trescothick because EVERYONE bats in an innings. It's no coincidence that the two best teams - Australia and England have bowlers who put a lot of effort into improving their batting.

Last edited: