• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Am I the only one to notice this?

First innings:
CB Mpofu st McCullum b Vettori 0 7 0 0

Second innings:
CB Mpofu st McCullum b Vettori 0 7 0 0

Or did Cricinfo get lazy? :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
How fast was Bond today, does he still have the pace of old because i missed him this morning....

tooextracool

International Coach
aussie said:
How fast was Bond today, does he still have the pace of old because i missed him this morning....
he was certainly quite hostile, bowled above 140ks consistently today, even his first ball, a bouncer that nearly took down neil ferreira today was very quick. he did however look short of rhythm, and i'd be extremely interested to see if he could still swing the ball both ways like he used to, he certainly swung it into the right handers today.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
he was certainly quite hostile, bowled above 140ks consistently today, even his first ball, a bouncer that nearly took down neil ferreira today was very quick. he did however look short of rhythm, and i'd be extremely interested to see if he could still swing the ball both ways like he used to, he certainly swung it into the right handers today.
good signs for Bond :D

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The fastest I've seen from Bond on my tape this morning is 149.6, during his second spell of the second innings which I'm just watching now.

Unfortunately the host network are only giving speeds once every two overs or so, which seems bizarre when all they're flashing up instead is 'trails by 347' or something else that's brilliantly insightful.

Hopefully 'comments? E-mail....' will flash up at some stage. :)

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Kippax said:
The fastest I've seen from Bond on my tape this morning is 149.6, during his second spell of the second innings which I'm just watching now.

Unfortunately the host network are only giving speeds once every two overs or so, which seems bizarre when all they're flashing up instead is 'trails by 347' or something else that's brilliantly insightful.

Hopefully 'comments? E-mail....' will flash up at some stage. :)
Hmmmmm......dodgy Zimbabwaen speedometers. I saw Chris Martin bowling at 145 kmh, I think that they are either inconsistent or just plain wrong.

From what my estimation, gut instinct, he was bowling faster than Martin. Early 140's, defiantely not 149.6! If you want to compare it to Heath Streak, who had a sore hammy, he was bowling at 130-133, where in reality it should have said late 120's

He looked rather 'tired', short of a gallop.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
tooextracool said:
Yes - something NZ obviously risks lacking against better opposition is someone taking the ball away from right-handers at pace.

There was some hope that Bond would develop more of an outswinger after his action modifications. We didn't see that overnight, and we'll struggle to see what he can do with reverse swing in this series.

If it's not to be, Richard Sherlock is the sole 140+ outswing bowler on the radar who may eventually fit that role, but that won't be for a while. Tuffey could perhaps eventually get his seam sorted out, but in the meantime Bracewell can continue trumpeting Kyle Mills as the "the premier outswing bowler in NZ', which makes me cringe every time he says it.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Tuffey could perhaps eventually get his seam sorted out
He will in time for the next home series :p

Btw i saw Franklin was hitting the 140+ mark aswell so the zimb speedometer must be readin wrong or not .. then that could be good news :)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
meatspx said:
Hmmmmm......dodgy Zimbabwaen speedometers. I saw Chris Martin bowling at 145 kmh, I think that they are either inconsistent or just plain wrong.
Is Zimbabwe at any kind of altitude?

Not sure even that would get Martin anywhere near 145 (the fastest I've seen him at in Aus or NZ being about 141), so you're probably right. That would explain the very selective use of the radar in the coverage anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I expected more from the Zimbabwe middle order to be honest. Taylor is inconsistant, Fereirra is new on the scene, Ebrahim is useless and Masakadza is very hit or miss. But I really expected more from Carlisle, Wishart, Streak and Taibu.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
NZTailender said:
Break the rules! Give them a third innings! And a fourth! And more until the beat our first innings score.

Seriousley, poor Zimbabwe. They need to bypass Government and Zimbabwe Cricket Board. Maybe exile themselves into Namibia and base themselves out of there or South Africa. A bit much but better than seeing them go to complete sh!t!

Also, isn't this a record for most wickets taken in a day?
No. England v Australia, Lord's, 1888, 27 wickets.

cricket player

International Debutant
Ebrahim is the worlds use less batsman

Why is he play international cricket.'

Surely if he was in usa he wouldnt have been picked.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ebrahim is the worlds use less batsman

Why is he play international cricket.'
Oddly enough, he has done well at times...

He always seems to play a good innings when hes on the verge of being dropped, and hence he saves himself for another 6 or 7 tests.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I never said "in 2005", but since you want to pick on my wording, Ill pick on yours...

:"Give me a game that he had done well in 2005?"

A first class match is definately a game, so...

Ebrahim Cracks Hundred

Im not in favour of picking him, but I can see why they do..