• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
If Flem wants to stay at 4, Styris being the incumbent for a while now and Vincent sticking his hand up for the spot, the future test top order could be quite a tough one to pick.

It might come down to who is opening at the time.

James

Cricket Web Owner
and sitting down and talking to Lou Vincent for 20 minutes at the Black Caps v Parliament game a few years back :D

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Vincent seems to be a top bloke. You actually get 'real' responses to questions he's asked by the media. For example, when he was asked if he felt bad for Jayasuriya dropping him, he said: 'Nah, stuff him.'

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
cricket player said:
Also

heath Streak have been in good form in domestic level.
Plus hondo is also a good bowler along side with the spinner Ireland

I think zimbabwe has a good chance of troubling the new zealand batsman.
Theres so much wrong with that post.

1. Anthony Ireland is a pace bowler, not a spinner.
2. Douglas Hondo is injured, and not in the squad.
3. Streak's form in County Cricket has been nothing to write home about.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ batting first, 7/0 in the third over. Streak is bowling ominously well though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't even get me started on what I think of Lou Vincent opening the batting...im absolutely fuming.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NZTailender said:
Well, that sucked. Full credit to Mahwire though.
For those that dont have the benefit of getting TV coverage, is Mahwire's action better than last time it was on show?

_Ed_

Tim said:
Don't even get me started on what I think of Lou Vincent opening the batting...im absolutely fuming.
You're not the only one.

That was so predictable, the way he batted was pretty much identical to last time he opened against Pakistan in 2003.

Disappointing to see Marshall go early too though, I think he's our long-term opener and it wasn't a good start to the series for him.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
You have to feel sorry for Vincent. He finally found a home in the middle order and then the selectors go and shove it back in his face by making him open again, which is clearly the wrong position for him.

As usual, we take an eternity to score runs and we're also losing wickets..I just don't get the mentality of our top order batsmen.

_Ed_

Vincent's awesome 224 at number 5 is certainly a distant memory now.

_Ed_

Prince EWS said:
I think he batted number 4. Fleming had some sort of injury.
Oh yeah that's right, he got hit in the kneecap while fielding at first slip.

_Ed_

Two great drives there by Fleming, our batting effort is getting back on track now.