Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1877

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Quote Originally Posted by Natman20
    Well said. Exactly as it is. It was just a sort of practise match for New Zealand because they had already made it to the final. Scott Styris form is pretty good though. Daniel Vettori should be put up the order in around cairnsys place.
    Agreed it was a bit of a practice, but you still want to win! I just found Fleming decision to bat at the toss (admittedly on a good track) even more bizaare given the weak and inexperienced bowling attack. In other words....bowling was definately going to be our weakness without both Bond and Vettori (and a rusty Oram and Cairns), so why not bowl first and back the batsmen to chase. With a full strength bowling attack it was probably the right decision to bad.

What annoyed me is that had we won that game we would have sneaked ahead of India in our head to head results against them in ODI's....but instead they move ahead

An article about Bond ...http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/video...ry/218145.html

and then an article written by Bond.....http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/video...ry/218149.html

Can't say he's a world beating writer

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    Agreed it was a bit of a practice, but you still want to win! I just found Fleming decision to bat at the toss (admittedly on a good track) even more bizaare given the weak and inexperienced bowling attack. In other words....bowling was definately going to be our weakness without both Bond and Vettori (and a rusty Oram and Cairns), so why not bowl first and back the batsmen to chase. With a full strength bowling attack it was probably the right decision to bad.

What annoyed me is that had we won that game we would have sneaked ahead of India in our head to head results against them in ODI's....but instead they move ahead
    He could well have made the 'wrong' decision at the toss so he could see how his players would perform when batting first rather than last. Having said that, I'm not sure we've batted last at all...
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    He could well have made the 'wrong' decision at the toss so he could see how his players would perform when batting first rather than last. Having said that, I'm not sure we've batted last at all...
    Hey no doubt your right Loony. Doesn't mean it was right from Flem though.

Yes we haven't batted last so far in this series....but have looked to chase mostly under Bracewell

Here's a worrying stat for the Indian team. Their premier strike bowler, with over 200 wickets, averages over 42 in tournament finals. We're talking of all the finals he's played, not just the last few, often used to ridicule the Indian batting heroes. You can't win tournament finals with such a strike bowler. Maybe they can afford to try out RP Singh in the final, with the new ball, then bring on Nehra first-change, then Yadav/Bhajji.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    Here's a worrying stat for the Indian team. Their premier strike bowler, with over 200 wickets, averages over 42 in tournament finals. We're talking of all the finals he's played, not just the last few, often used to ridicule the Indian batting heroes. You can't win tournament finals with such a strike bowler. Maybe they can afford to try out RP Singh in the final, with the new ball, then bring on Nehra first-change, then Yadav/Bhajji.
    Why on earth would you want to leave out AA now, after he has done reasonably well so far? That is the sort of selection that would sniff out any ounce of confidence that the guy has and make sure he is useless for the rest of the season, and possibly his career.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    Why on earth would you want to leave out AA now, after he has done reasonably well so far? That is the sort of selection that would sniff out any ounce of confidence that the guy has and make sure he is useless for the rest of the season, and possibly his career.
    aa lose confidence? he has been useless for a significant portion of his career now...if you leave him out now, he knows he will be back 10 games later, whether the others perform in his stead or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

But honestly, I don't think the others have performed anything better. And his fielding and his batting (in the odd game) still make him a better bet than those others that were tried out. Plus, he has been good in this series. We guys seriously knock him around too much. Of course, he still bowls rubbish when India is in good positions, but so do the others and at least, he contributes in other areas.

Does the Indian team really need him? In the last five years, when Agarkar has been more or less a regular fixture in the side, they have won just two major tournaments- yet, Agarkar didn't figure in the Natwest final in England, while he missed all of the Samsung Cup ODI's in Pakistan.

He's only done well against minnows. Even though he's got a decent average against the Kiwis, on both occasions, the batting side have often got on top of him and he's bowled enough rubbish to get them off the hook and in a strong position.

What do you think matters more? One has-been's confidence or the cause of the team? He's done nothing of note for a long time that has helped the team, so they won't lose much. Moreover, does AA really matter so much more than RPS? Is RPS so much worse? He may not have much power, but he's done well for a new-ball bowler and is worth the risk.

Does the Indian team really need him? In the last five years, when Agarkar has been more or less a regular fixture in the side, they have won just two major tournaments- yet, Agarkar didn't figure in the Natwest final in England, while he missed all of the Samsung Cup ODI's in Pakistan.

He's only done well against minnows. Even though he's got a decent average against the Kiwis, on both occasions, the batting side have often got on top of him and he's bowled enough rubbish to get them off the hook and in a strong position.

What do you think matters more? One has-been's confidence or the cause of the team? He's done nothing of note for a long time that has helped the team, so they won't lose much. Moreover, does AA really matter so much more than RPS? Is RPS so much worse? He may not have much power, but he's done well for a new-ball bowler and is worth the risk.
    No he isn't. He isn't even swinging the white ball as much as IKP and Nehra or even AA does.

No he isn't. He isn't even swinging the white ball as much as IKP and Nehra or even AA does.
    While Irfan can swing the ball, RPS can just move the ball a little off the pitch at the other end. The combination is definitely worth a try. Not sure if bowling at full pace is goign to help him much.

While Irfan can swing the ball, RPS can just move the ball a little off the pitch at the other end. The combination is definitely worth a try. Not sure if bowling at full pace is goign to help him much.
    no reason to even consider rp singh over agarkar right now. agarkar has been solid with the ball (average of 14?) and brilliant in the field in this series, while rp singh fluttered after two early wickets and strayed on the leg on many occasions himself. don't hate on agarkar because of his past inconsistency, he's actually helping the team at the moment.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    AA is exasperatingly inconsistemt and bugs both his fans and detractors. who are legion -either group. Still the fact remains that RP Singh is not good enough to replace him. Just being young is not criteria enough. Otherwise I can conjure up a team of sixteen year olds from my street to play for India.

Seriously. We need a replacement for AA who even his more ardent fans are getting tired of even if they wont admit it. I know, I am one. But we dont have , in this team an adequate replacement. Thats sad but true.

PLUS he has bowled well on this tour, and is arguably one of the top fielders in this Indian side in the deep.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Need wicket soon!!!!!!!

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    India are walkin over the New Zealand attack

Thread Information