• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your top 5 current batsmen to bat 2 days to save a test??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wpdavid said:
Maybe not for 2 days (could anyone nowadays?), but Vaughan's batted a fair while to save a test for England on occasions. The 2nd SL test in 2003/04, Antigua in 2004 and the 1st SA test in 2003 spring to mind.
Didn't he do it in SL 2 winters back?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
The only batsman I could see doing it now would be Dravid, but for a top 5, it'd be:
Dravid
Lara
Tendulkar
Kallis
Martyn

tooextracool

International Coach
i doubt too many people in cricket are capable of batting 2 days especially with waugh, kirsten, flower, richardson etc retiring in the last couple of years, but ATM you're really only looking at:
dravid
kallis
chanderpaul

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
No-one really, but joining in with the nonsense I'd go for Chanderpaul, Langer, Lara, Kallis and McDravid.

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
burkey_1988 said:
Katich
Dravid
Lara
Laxman
Kallis

Gillespie as a reserve
Agree on Laxman.....if he's set, he's one one of the most difficult players to get out. In the eyes of several Aussies, even more so than Dravid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dravid
Kallis (He saved SA against WI recently didn't he? Granted not 2 days)
Chanderpaul
Lara
Katich