• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marcus Trescothick

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because it's much easier to see a player is poor than to see he's good.
And in some cases you can know a player isn't going to amount to much without needing to watch him - such as if it's an Australian fingerspinner.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
And *if* he's a modern incarnation of Laker he'll be every bit as ineffectual as Laker would be had he been bowling in this day and age.
Heh. Sorry, I forgot to include the Richard factor when determining my example. Would you prefer I used Murali as an example then?

The point is that you don't know how good he is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
The point is that you don't know how good he is.
I know the best he can be.
If he's that good he's still not going to have an especially effective career.
If he's less good than that, which is perfectly possible, he certainly isn't going to have much of a career.