• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best International Test team in 20 years?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think India. Eventually - just because of the size of their population, and the fact that cricket is such a passion for such a large percentage of it - they have to end up having their own "dynasty", a la Windies of the 80s and Aus of recent times.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Then you see that Hashim Amla scored truckloads of runs in it.
There are so many laughable test cricketers who have had good spells in English FC cricket that your argument doesn't hold a lot of water..

I'm probably the only guy here who has watched English and SA domestic cricket live.. the English CC is on the whole better, but not by a lot at all... And mainly due to the overseas players which the best of tend to come to England, and the couple of "quota passengers" that permeate SA cricket.. Apart from that I'd say it was an even contest..

I think in 20 years time, the best team in the world will be Australia. And they won't have dropped from number 1 at any point during that time.. You only have to walk around the typical aussie suburb, filled with beautiful ovals or watch a youth game to realize that they play a different game altogether.. There will be superstars to replace Warne and McGrath, just like there have always been brilliant cricketers coming from a country of only 20 million, there will be no "West Indies of the 1980's" to dominate them ...

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
in 20 years time cricket in Australia will probably have gone full circle (as in got worse than got better again)

upp top 3 i reakon will be India, Australia and RSA

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Let's hope so. That would be wonderful for Test cricket.
Indeed. A prediction: Ashraful will be the worlds leading batsman (and the greatest captain in Bangladeshi cricketing history) in 20 years and will be bowing out in 2025 with 45 Test 100s and an average of 55 just after leading Bangladesh to a 4-0 annihilation of Australia in Australia.

OK.... maybe not.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Hazza said:
I believe that the best test team in 20 years time will be either South Africa, England or NZland.

What do you think?

Ummm... neither of them? Honestly, 20 years is way too far to predict. And on what basis are you chosing those three countries?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dasa said:
Ashraful will be the worlds leading batsman (and the greatest captain in Bangladeshi cricketing history)
Well, I reckon that part of it might come true. The competition isn't all that strong ;)