• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is a better young fast bowler Tait or Malinga

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Tait not that fast mate, his about the same pace as Harmison. His about the same pace as Malinga maybe 5 km/h faster cus Malinga pace drops of a lot after his first spell. Johnson and Bird at their fastest bowl faster then Tait.
any aussies that have seen Tait can corroborate this statement???

C_C

International Captain
You may find it hard to believe- i found it hard to believe too.
But if you check the speed recordings for that series in RSA, you'd find that Srinath consistently outclocked Donald.....according to Eddie whatzizname( he is a speed fantic and keeps track of bowling speeds from as far back as he can but primarily through the 90s to current) Srinath outpaced Donald in 92 or 91 series as well...Srinath was very very quick in his younger years and through the mid 90s.....unfortunately he lacked control.... then he tore his rotor cuff and immediately dropped around 10mph on the speed guns but developed a better control....unless you've been watching cricket from pre 97/98, this is the Srinath you remember.

Donald was fast, but not super fast...whenever he's been clocked, he was in the 90-93 range most of the time.......that is fast......but not the 95mph+ stuff you saw Waqar, Marshall,Lillee,Thommo,Holding,Imran,Akhtar,Lee etc. bowling.

Last edited:

King_Ponting

International Regular
Tait certainly looks alot faster then bird. Johnson looks quick but i think that tait would pip him. However ive seen tait many times and believe he is more the pace of lee....

C_C

International Captain
King_Ponting said:
Srinath faster than donald? You cant be being serious?

Like i said, read up and check the speed gun recordings........instead of just looking at the bowling classifications in crickinfo......and yes, i know yer not gonna check but instead accuse me of being a racist pig once again.....but atleast i try!

King_Ponting

International Regular
C_C said:
Like i said, read up and check the speed gun recordings........instead of just looking at the bowling classifications in crickinfo......and yes, i know yer not gonna check but instead accuse me of being a racist pig once again.....but atleast i try!
Where can we actually get the speed gun readings?

C_C

International Captain
Check reports on IND vs RSA in RSA in 96 or 97.......then Look up Eddie Smith. He keeps track of bowling speeds the world over and often visits forums..used to visit PakPassion and ICF not very long ago.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
....unless you've been watching cricket from pre 97/98, this is the Srinath you remember.
well yes, the first i actually remember seeing Srinath was during the 98 series againts Australia in India.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
Tait certainly looks alot faster then bird. Johnson looks quick but i think that tait would pip him. However ive seen tait many times and believe he is more the pace of lee....
ok fair enough

C_C

International Captain
aussie said:
well yes, the first i actually remember seeing Srinath was during the 98 series againts Australia in India.
Well, then the Srinath you saw is consistent with the assertion 'Srinath faster than Donald ? highly doubtful'.......for once he tore his rotor-cuff, he never quiete managed to get those speeds consistently.....but before then, he was actually one of the fastest bowlers in the 90s, contrary to public opinion.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If I have said it once, I have said it a zillion times :@

Tendulkar, of course :sleep:

C_C

International Captain
SJS said:
If I have said it once, I have said it a zillion times :@

Tendulkar, of course :sleep:
Yet another example of an unwarranted post which does nothing to debate the topic.
I guess someone was never told by his grandma the axiom of 'if you got nothing to contribute to the topic, maybe you should keep your mouth shut'.
8-)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
Tait is no where near the pace of Lee, his Harmison pace.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
We need a speed gone to sort that out. I heard somewhere he got clocked at 153-156kph or something :blink:
i would be very surprised if he clocked that speed, unless he threw it. we will find out in the 4th or 5th Test when Dizzy is dropped ;)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
i would be very surprised if he clocked that speed, unless he threw it. we will find out in the 4th or 5th Test when Dizzy is dropped ;)
i dont like that negative attitude :sleep: