• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australians watching a different game

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Oh, VERY late in the innings, yes (as evidenced by the fact that Flintoff, who was still pretty rubbish in those days, scored some later on), but not until about 35-40 overs.
actually if you remember batting started to get easier by about the 20th over..flintoff was outin the 43rd after coming in in the 19th

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Flintoff only started to score runs late on in his innings (would check the scorecard but it'd take half an hour because my browser is going slow ATM for some reason).

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Flintoff only started to score runs late on in his innings (would check the scorecard but it'd take half an hour because my browser is going slow ATM for some reason).

Flintoff 18 off 17 balls
Flintoff 25 of 40 balls
Flintoff 33 off 48 balls
Flintoff 50 off 63 balls
Flintoff out for 64 of 73 balls

now bearing in mind the match situation, I dont think Flintofff scored slowly early on..by the time he was out, the game was well over, nothing to lose..but in fact he scored the first 20 odd runs pretty quickly.

Anyway..batting deffo got easier as the innings went on

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It always does in seaming conditions, because the ball getting softer makes batting easier (as it makes it harder in slower, gripping conditions).

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
It always does in seaming conditions, because the ball getting softer makes batting easier (as it makes it harder in slower, gripping conditions).
ok..yes it was seaming conditions...but not overly swing conditions after the 20 over mark

Swervy

International Captain
i am losing what you are trying to say here..I am talking about swing bowling..and when it is most prevevlent.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The point is what lends itself to seam-bowling (ie height and a good seam position) also lends itself to swing-bowling.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
The point is what lends itself to seam-bowling (ie height and a good seam position) also lends itself to swing-bowling.
apart from the atmospheric conditions..and that is what I have been talking about

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Atmospheric conditions only accentuate swing, good bowlers can still achieve it in clear air.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
Last Post: 18-12-2005
No, last post whenever last post was.

For the record, in reply to what this is attempting to infer - I've been very careful this time, not to upset anyone by forcing them to have to click on the little "2" at the bottom of the page. 8-) I've taken care not to reply to 8 or 9 old threads in one go, and am doing them very, very gradually.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
No, last post whenever last post was.

For the record, in reply to what this is attempting to infer - I've been very careful this time, not to upset anyone by forcing them to have to click on the little "2" at the bottom of the page. 8-) I've taken care not to reply to 8 or 9 old threads in one go, and am doing them very, very gradually.
he meant Swervy's last post i think