Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Your signature cricketing shot?

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    Anything on the pads is easy runs but for me my signature shot would have to be the lofted off drive. I have broken two bowlers wrists/arms playing that shot.

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    How did you broke their wrists.
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    Smashed it straight back at their head whilst they were in their follow through. Came right of the middle of the bat both times and on both occasions the bowler was far too slow in the catch attempt, a sickening thud/snap and a richoche off the bowlers arms for a single. Yeh im not too proud of it really, cause the bowler s looked in a lot of pain and i took a single as well. These were both of opening bowlers, nothing like hitting a bowler straight back over their head for 4.

That is painfull,

The only time I heard some one batting mmmmm never,

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Clean ripped by leaving it.

Yup. That is my signature shot.

Either the cut or pull for me (typical shots for someone lacking in the height department)..probably cut overall. I only really developed the pull in the last couple of years, before then I was almost entirely an offside player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Redman
    Either the cut or pull for me (typical shots for someone lacking in the height department)..probably cut overall. I only really developed the pull in the last couple of years, before then I was almost entirely an offside player.
    I'm very similar

I get about 50% of my runs through third man via the late cut and nick through slips. LateCut's great because it's really easy to time, just using the pace of the ball. The other shot I have success with is the square cut so I'd have an interesting wagonwheel.

Surprised with the amount of people who say the pull. I never play the pull onless the ball is outside legstump, anything short I just get behind and defend. Unless it's a spinner of course
    Stedders' Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, CA Lynn, Shakib Al Hasan, SE Marsh, +AT Carey, AC Agar, PJ Cummins, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by burkey_1988
    I'm very similar
    Yeah. For years I could not play anything off my body except big juicy full tosses. I'm still not great at playing good length balls off my pads but now half volleys and long hops at my body are easy meat (unless they're from a really fast bowler). I've been working like mad on trying to correct it, its mainly a mental thing...I can play them perfectly from throwdowns but as soon as someone starts bowling them I just lose my balance and timing. I can't wait for the new season, I've been working on the mental side for ages (I can't actually practice since I screwed my knee) and I'm trying to tell myself to wait for the ball, lean into it etc instead of trying to flick it.

I have only now started clipping balls down to fine leg ... a very productive shot

I dont pull unless I am really in a attacking mode,

I describe my self as a classy player I take my time then after i able to see the ball like a football then I try to go for the big ones.

I used to be a compulsive puller and hooker, and that was my "signature" shot. I once scored a 40 - 34 of those coming from the pull.

Since I've been straightened up with my technique, it'd probably have to be the cut. But its rather spasmodic - some days it can't miss the middle of the bat, other days I swing and miss all day.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    One of the reasons the guys called me the "Jonty" of my time was because of my compulsive pulling. He always pulled even good length balls those days and I used to do the same thing (although at a million levels lower than him). The funny thing is that I am reasonably tall and amongst the taller guys in my team and yet, I always play the pull shot to even length balls at times. But obviously, with good length balls it is more of a mow across the line than an actual pull, but I still swivel on my feet while playing it. Like most guys who don't bat well at the higher level, I am a leg side bully too, always playing across the line, although when I do play my drives, they go pretty fast to the boundary and I never actually miss my drives as much as I miss my pulls.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Signature shot? How about when I hit the ball?

If by signature shot, you mean the only shot you can play, than the block. Other than the block, back-foot cuts I guess.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Cover drive 'on-the-up'

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information