• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IndianOil Cup in Sri Lanka

viktor

State Vice-Captain
yeah, the lankans are at the half way stage with 7 wickets in hand..btw any news on whether jaysuria is going to bat?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dislocated shoulder seems pretty serious. I'd think that he'd only come out and bat if it came down to a "Harris situation" where the game depends on it. And even that, that's iffy.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Apparently he's all padded up - but yeah, the way things are going, even if a couple of quick wickets fall, he shouldn't be needed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'm pretty surprised. 2 balls in he cracks a boundary off Harbhajan.

Edit: LOL Slow Love :ph34r:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YES BHAJJI YES!

Come on India.

Dilhara is batting very well. Two 4s and a 6. Could take SL to victory with a resilient Sanath. India need one more soon.

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
Well, the required rate is still fairly low. India obviously still desperately need wickets, and Harbjajan only has two more overs. Dilhara's putting him and Sehwag to the sword here though.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
well lokuhettige taking the attack to the indians.. seems to be a good find..took a couple of wickets too, didn't he?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dilhara on fire. This is hurting India. Is the pitch turning or something? That's the only reason I can see Dravid bowling Sehwag, because India need wickets. I don't think its going to come down to the last few overs, so they need to bowl their strike bowlers now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YES! Dravid did as I said, and Pathan gets Dilhara in the 2nd ball of his new spell.

Jayasuriya is going to play a crucial role in the result of this match. If he wins it for SL, it'll truly be an amazing effort.

Last edited:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
well bhajji is bowled out.. now its down to the seamers and the Fifth bowler..hope the they do the job...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bugger!

Same old story for India in ODI cricket. No Tendulkar or Ganguly isn't an excuse for me (some may see Ganguly out as an advantage). A poor display really. With those two veterans out, its clearly time for Kaif and Yuvraj to step up CONSISTENTLY! That's the key word. I'll have my eye on them this series.

Great effort by SL and especially Jayasuriya. What a brilliant knock considering the injury and state of the match. I guess the positives from an Indian perspective is the runs from the tail, Dravid doing his thing as always, and that the bowlers at least got to make a match out of it when it looked lost much earlier.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well from what i saw Today of Dravid's captaincy which was perfect in my view he should take over form Ganguly permanently, no doubt...

tooextracool

International Coach
viktor said:
well lokuhettige taking the attack to the indians.. seems to be a good find..took a couple of wickets too, didn't he?
doesnt really look like much of a bowler to be honest. hes only really medium pace.

tooextracool

International Coach
Jono said:
At the moment, the real Dravid XI wasn't that practice match team, its the Indian cricket team. :(
its not all that bad. venugopal rao looks like he might become a very good player, has quite a solid technique IMO.