• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best Aussie all-rounder in ODs ???

Who is the best Australian all rounder in one-dayers ?

• Shane Watson

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Brad Hogg

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • James Hopes

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Symond is easily Australia's best allrounder. With the inclusion of the super-sub we should see Hopes being selected for Australia more often and he is a very gifted allrounder.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So what value is he to the side then?
he's a pretty good batsman, decent fielder & gives Ponting a good option with the ball. Its obvious that his fugures dont show much, but has we have argued before he plays a alien role for Australia so he wont be able to do much.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Exactly my point, what value does he add that someone else couldn't add better?
i dont see who else could better fit in to the spot that Watson occupies other than Hogg presently.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
aussie said:
i dont see who else could better fit in to the spot that Watson occupies other than Hogg presently.
James Hopes, Ian Harvey, - God, even Cameron White! - are better suited to that role than Shane Watson.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
James Hopes, Ian Harvey, - God, even Cameron White! - are better suited to that role than Shane Watson.
Yep. White could do a good job there actually, if his batting continues to improve. Hopes is the man for the job now though, if you ask me. Watson shouldn't be in the ODI team until he can play as a batsman.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yep. White could do a good job there actually, if his batting continues to improve. Hopes is the man for the job now though, if you ask me. Watson shouldn't be in the ODI team until he can play as a batsman.
Cameron White will never play for Australia until the Aus. selectors stop trying to pidgeonhole him as an out-and-out leg-spinner. He's going to be a genuine all-rounder, and if anything more of a batting all-rounder.

Hopefully Merv will put paid to that.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Cameron White will never play for Australia until the Aus. selectors stop trying to pidgeonhole him as an out-and-out leg-spinner. He's going to be a genuine all-rounder, and if anything more of a batting all-rounder.

Hopefully Merv will put paid to that.
Wite will play for Australia whenever Hogg gets dropped which could be sooner rather than later...