• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non-Australians: Would Prefer B. Lee In or Out of Australian Test Side?

Prefer to see in or out of the side as an opposition supporter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If your country were about to play Australia in Tests, just as England is about to, would you be happy or worried to see the name B. Lee on the team sheet (and this doesn't include as 12th man :p ), considering the current form of those who he is competing with to make it into the Australian side?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
From Australian perspective I would prefer him in. From an Indian perspective I would prefer him out of the team.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Still unconvinced as to his red cherry management, voted "in" consequently. Really like this chap though, always smiling, plays it hard but has a great attitiude. One of the Aussie chaps I'd love to have a pint with. M.Taylor being number one in that regard.

If he proves me wrong fair play to him, but Kaspa is the potential Reiffel and should be given the nod.

shaka

International Regular
I went for including him, because of the extra pressure given to the batting team.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Its funny how many people on this forum have slacked off Brett Lee on the forum and aren't speaking too much on the lines of ridiculing Lee any more with the possibility of Lee creating an impact in the Ashes a distinct possibility.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
Its funny how many people on this forum have slacked off Brett Lee on the forum and aren't speaking too much on the lines of ridiculing Lee any more with the possibility of Lee creating an impact in the Ashes a istinct possibility.
It seemed to me that many "international" posters based their critical comments upon Lee's performances 18 months ago.

Those that have witnessed his performances since the start of the last Australian summer have seen a marked improvement in his bowling and, in the main, have been calling for his inclusion in the test team since the start of the NZ series.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I voted in.. The Speed gives me a thrill.. and bowlers like him and shoaib akhtar bowl in short but high energy bursts of spells.. which is very interesting to watch the batsmen tackle that..

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hehe, after looking at the thread title again, what a rascist thread!

I don't know if I made it clear enough - if you wanted your side to win and they were playing against Aus, would you want Lee in the team or not?

In other words, if you think that Aus are more likely to win with Lee in the team, then you'd vote no. If you think that Aus are more likely to lose with Lee in the team, then you'd vote yes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I prefer Lee out of the side, but that is just assuming that he would carry his ODI form into the tests. If not, I would always have him "in" the Australian side...

DJellett

International Debutant
It has to be in; his current form is stellar. As good as Kaspa and Dizzy are, they will not be an important part of future Aussie teams as predominatly as Lee will. They may be bowling well ATM but not better than Lee so the selctors need to look ahead. IMO.

DJellett

International Debutant
DJellett said:
It has to be in; his current form is stellar. As good as Kaspa and Dizzy are, they will not be an important part of future Aussie teams as predominatly as Lee will. They may be bowling well ATM but not better than Lee so the selctors need to look ahead. IMO.
Even if I am an Aussie supporter!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
It seemed to me that many "international" posters based their critical comments upon Lee's performances 18 months ago.
Or maybe the 5 year period of 30 games when he took wickets at 38 apiece?

Craig

World Traveller
It wouldn't matter whether he was in or not as they would still to be tough to beat.

On form I he would deserve to be in.