• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non-Australians: Would Prefer B. Lee In or Out of Australian Test Side?

Prefer to see in or out of the side as an opposition supporter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Scallywag said:
Nearly as bad as Giles over 6 years and 45 games @ 37 a wicket.
But Aus have always had options, we haven't. It's Giles or no-one.
I'd rather have Peter Such than Batty.

King_Ponting

International Regular
From a non australian perspective one would have to say that they prefer lee to be out of the team given his form in recent times and the insipid form of two of australias pacemen. So from an aussie perspective one would definantly want lee in the side.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
Nearly as bad as Giles over 6 years and 45 games @ 37 a wicket.
Which is a completely different kettle of fish.

For a start, how often does Giles bowl on a pitch suited to him?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
As an Englishman, I voted out, not just because he's good - if I was neutral I'd vote out too.

One day he IS going to kill someone with a beamer. The one he bowled to Trescothick the other day was disgusting and lethal. I don't care if he doesn't mean it - other bowlers can control themselves, he should be able to as well.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Barney Rubble said:
As an Englishman, I voted out, not just because he's good - if I was neutral I'd vote out too.

One day he IS going to kill someone with a beamer. The one he bowled to Trescothick the other day was disgusting and lethal. I don't care if he doesn't mean it - other bowlers can control themselves, he should be able to as well.

Other bowlers of the calibre of waqar younis, Shoiab aktar and harmison as well?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
Other bowlers of the calibre of waqar younis, Shoiab aktar and harmison as well?
And Abdul Razzaq, Chris Cairns... hell I've seen Shane Watson bowl a beamer too.

marc71178 said:
Which is a completely different kettle of fish.

For a start, how often does Giles bowl on a pitch suited to him?
Never.

No pitches are allowed to be bad enough. :laugh:

I suppose he may have picked up a tailender on that Mumbai track where Clarke bowled out India.