• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where is Richard ??

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's pretty funny that scaly piscine is talking about probably the most universally frustrating person on CW (judging by the number of people who disagree with him) and HE'S coming off as the bad guy. Pretty instructive too.

What is it with you and Richard? Did he run over your dog or something?

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
That halfwit is always slipping in his usual 'witty' insults about me into this posts, I only see them when someone else quotes them (I have him and kendall fruit cake amongst a few more on ignore for fairly obvious reasons). I'm sure he'll dig this thread up whenever he returns to ruin all the threads again. I guess I'm the only honest and impolite enough (and that hasn't been banned) to say how much of an improvement it is when Motson disappears for a while. I can just imagine most of the people on this thread so far saying how '"it isn't the same" when Hitler died or Saddam was caught...
if thats what you think then you really are a demented little infidel. If you think that some of his contributions to the forum are bad then you should go back and read some of your own, for instance you continue to make ridiculous remarks about how the dictionary is incorrect and suchlike. Secondly what is it that you find wrong about his posts? he is one of the people here who actually has sufficenet knowledge on the subject he discusses unlike yourself. Neither is he an offensive odious little git, so please mr piscine, shut up and **** off.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
And Motson is so much nicer by getting cheap digs in on the sly, or ruining umpteen threads, or posting 15 straight times, or insisting the SA v England thread was renamed and so on....
and what exactly is it that you do here that makes you so much better than he is then? all i see you doing is running around here being a total pain in the ***, refusing to accept that you are wrong...ever, and insulting people (much like you are now). At least richard argues in a civilised manner, you seem to be incapable of this, in fact, you are just boring.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
I think it's pretty funny that scaly piscine is talking about probably the most universally frustrating person on CW (judging by the number of people who disagree with him) and HE'S coming off as the bad guy. Pretty instructive too.

What is it with you and Richard? Did he run over your dog or something?
I'm happy to ignore him, but unfortunately I can't do that when he keeps having lame digs and he takes over numerous threads. If he was just your standard kendall-style idiot who didn't try to take over threads etc. it wouldn't bother me, it's like he's blackmailing the mods or something because he seems to be immune from the consequences of endlessly spamming shi*e.

Then of course you get ridiculous threads like this where all of a sudden people make out they like him and miss him, contrary to what has been said previously for months and years - kinda two-faced if you ask me.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I'm happy to ignore him, but unfortunately I can't do that when he keeps having lame digs and he takes over numerous threads. If he was just your standard kendall-style idiot who didn't try to take over threads etc. it wouldn't bother me, it's like he's blackmailing the mods or something because he seems to be immune from the consequences of endlessly spamming shi*e.

Then of course you get ridiculous threads like this where all of a sudden people make out they like him and miss him, contrary to what has been said previously for months and years - kinda two-faced if you ask me.
If you just put him on your ignore list you wouldnt have any problems, no ?

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:

is someone jealous?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
i hope that tool doesn't come back, Cricket Chat is better without him. But he will probably come back unforunately

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Scaly piscine said:

piscine, you reek of hypocrisy, please, just stop.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SJS said:
If you just put him on your ignore list you wouldnt have any problems, no ?
It doesn't stop threads from being taken over, or when someone goes through one of the old 20 page arguments with him. Also not so long ago there with 20 threads with new posts, 19 with last post by Motson... so it's kinda hard to pick out the ones that actually DO have new posts that are worth reading from my point of view. At least with the guys that start tedious threads you can see the thread starter and title know it's going to be dire, instead it's like... oh there's new posts in that thread that sounds interesting, oh wait they're all from Motson with his completely off thread topic crackpot theories.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
^What a pleasant person you are...
AFAIK, Richard often leaves for a while, but usually comes back.
To be fair, the first point he made was fairly true - Richard has a habit of saying SP's comments don't have any validity because SP is a moron (or something similar)

That said, the second part was a bit OTT.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
To be fair, the first point he made was fairly true - Richard has a habit of saying SP's comments don't have any validity because SP is a moron (or something similar)

That said, the second part was a bit OTT.
I think Richard's most annoying habit is saying "as I've proved" when he's done nothing of the kind. &, as nice as it is to see a different point of view, Richard's stubbornness (which borders on & occasionally veers into pig-headedness) can be trying.

Still miss his input tho.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
He seems like a perfectly nice guy (WRT to our MSN Convos) but I've really got no time for his taking over of CC or his walking in to the CWXI Coaching Position and then doing nothing.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
I thought you had him on your Ignore list for a while?
Yes. I had. Not because I disliked him but because it was impossible to wade through the zillion posts that were 'traded' between him and TEC over absolutely trivial matters and one could hrdly find the posts one wanted to address. Putting both of them on ignore suddenly made the forum so much easier to navigate :p

Then, I dont remember how, I think I mentioned it in sone context, Richard was very upset that I had put him on my ignore list and said so to me in a genuinly hurt manner but very politely. I thought he was being very sweet about it and removed him from the list.

I also had a long exchange with him trying to reason him out of his marathons with TEC, which was going very well till James misunderstood the direction our dialogue was taking and closed the thread much to the surprise of both Richard and I.

I dont know if it was a coincidence but there was and has been a distinct reduction in his marathon sessions with TEC.

:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
It doesn't stop threads from being taken over, or when someone goes through one of the old 20 page arguments with him. Also not so long ago there with 20 threads with new posts, 19 with last post by Motson... so it's kinda hard to pick out the ones that actually DO have new posts that are worth reading from my point of view. At least with the guys that start tedious threads you can see the thread starter and title know it's going to be dire, instead it's like... oh there's new posts in that thread that sounds interesting, oh wait they're all from Motson with his completely off thread topic crackpot theories.
Read my post to PY below.

How does it matter to you if you cant even notice that he has 'taken over' a thread. If you are here on the forum for the pleasure of it, why not try to ensyre that , that is what you get out of it. Why drive yourself nuts by cursing all and sundry howsoever much they may be deserving of your diatribe-according to you.